SASS Wire Forum

Happy Left Handers' Day

Rye Miles #13621

http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/left-handers-day/

HAPPY SOUTHPAW DAY TO ALL YOU LEFTIES!!!

@Rye Miles #13621

Although I am a born right-hander, in celebration of this special day....

1472805914_HappyLeftHandersDay.png.69a0cfc793a2057d720a28a976578098.png

3 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

@Rye Miles #13621

Although I am a born right-hander, in celebration of this special day....

1472805914_HappyLeftHandersDay.png.69a0cfc793a2057d720a28a976578098.png

Thanks but I’m not left handed, my son is though!;)

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

OMG! It is also National Filet Mignon day! :wub: 

I don't see anything weird about that. http://www.holidayscalendar.com/categories/weird/

However, Friday is National Tell a Joke Day and I expect to see weirdness then. :unsure: ;)

Mmmmm filet mignon

14 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

OMG! It is also National Filet Mignon day! :wub: 

I don't see anything weird about that. http://www.holidayscalendar.com/categories/weird/

However, Friday is National Tell a Joke Day and I expect to see weirdness then. :unsure: ;)

Should we cut our steak "left handed"??:o:lol:

There is the right hand and then there is the CORRECT hand!!

Everyone is born right handed. The smart, handsome, talented ones get over it!! :rolleyes: B) :lol:

When my son was about 5 or 6 we were playing catch in my mom's backyard. The neighbor next door, an old Polish dude, came over and said, "You should tie that kid's left hand behind him and teach him to throw right handed!! I had a few words for him and we kept playing catch.;)

I'm very left handed. The only thing I really do right handed is shoot, although I shoot double duelist, so I shoot left handed as well. I can spar in karate from either a right or left handed stance. Throw a ball? Write? Yeah, no, those don't happen right handed.

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There is the right hand and then there is the CORRECT hand!!

Everyone is born right handed. The smart, handsome, talented ones get over it!! :rolleyes: B) :lol:

I'm both handed. That makes it confusing figuring out the best way to shoot a stage.

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

I'm both handed. That makes it confusing figuring out the best way to shoot a stage.

Most southpaws are ambidextrous by nature and necessity!!  I've become even more left handed because my right hand is slowly failing.

I'm left handed but there seems to be something sinister about the whole left handers day. But if anyone wants to buy me a Filet Mignon I'm open to it.  ;)

10 hours ago, DocWard said:

I'm very left handed. The only thing I really do right handed is shoot, although I shoot double duelist, so I shoot left handed as well. I can spar in karate from either a right or left handed stance. Throw a ball? Write? Yeah, no, those don't happen right handed.

Sounds like me..write L/H but do a lot of things left & right..what's that word  ambi.........

My wife is left handed.

My father is left handed.

My father in law is left handed.

My brother is left handed.

The old veteran town marshal that recruited me many moons ago was left handed but he switched to shooting right handed as he said running Uncle Sam's M16 was less disconcerting shooting right handed ... he was never comfortable with hot brass slinging out in front of his eagle beak shouldering the Vietnam Mattell left handed!

56 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Is there any other way?:D

Yea, right handed for me!!;)

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Didn't you know right is wrong?!?!

Right is right!!!:lol:

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

But they have to turn around to run!

No they just turn towards first base. A right handed batter has to step over the plate, therefore one more step!

23 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No they just turn towards first base. A right handed batter has to step over the plate, therefore one more step!

Semantics! 

I'm just trying to argue. I bat either way and it takes me just as long, either hand to get to first base. Those few occasions I get there!

50 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Semantics! 

I'm just trying to argue. I bat either way and it takes me just as long, either hand to get to first base. Those few occasions I get there!

Regardless, if you really look at the batters box if you are a lefty you are one step closer to first case. A righty HAS one more step to cross the plate. Do they get there faster???  Maybe not but in a really close call it could make a difference.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Regardless, if you really look at the batters box if you are a lefty you are one step closer to first case. A righty HAS one more step to cross the plate. Do they get there faster???  Maybe not but in a really close call it could make a difference.

A righty also has to recover from the rotation of the body that results from the swing.  A lefty is rotating in the CORRECT direction already!!  

I'm arguing too!!  The last couple of days have me feeling a little salty!!!

I was going to make some smart ass comment about being in my right mind (being left handed and all) and I only golf right handed because those were clubs we had and the shop pro said I'd hit better that way anyway.

Anywhooo...  I'm tired, it's been a long day and I really just want that steak and a good bourbon.

I’m right handed and for a large part of my life my left hand with the exception of shooting a hand gun was pretty much useless. After twenty five years of martial arts I’m pretty good with my left side although I still can’t write or throw a ball from that side. My father was left handed but pretty much ambidextrous being from the generation where being left handed wasn’t really accepted.

My son is left eye dominant and should have been left handed but just refused to be. My twin toddler grandsons are most definitely lefties 

8 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I’m right handed and for a large part of my life my left hand with the exception of shooting a hand gun was pretty much useless. After twenty five years of martial arts I’m pretty good with my left side although I still can’t write or throw a ball from that side. My father was left handed but pretty much ambidextrous being from the generation where being left handed wasn’t really accepted.

My son is left eye dominant and should have been left handed but just refused to be. My twin toddler grandsons are most definitely lefties 

Being right eye or "cross dominant," has made shooting right handed much easier for me, but it isn't the reason I do. The very first time my brother took me shooting as a kid (he's ten years older than I am) I fired his Marlin 60 left handed, an empty ejected and landed on my arm and burned a little. He said to shoot right handed. I have ever since.

Like you, or the opposite of, I can't write right handed, and anyone watching me try to throw a ball is sure to  get a laugh.

Archived