SASS Wire Forum

Lost my buddy last night. Furry Kid gone..

My little buddy, my companion of 16 years, Bullet the wonder Poodle had a cerebral episode last night that the vet described as the doggie equivalent of a stroke.  So, just after midnight, I gave authorization and asked that he be given freedom from his torment.   The picture below is from when he was about 4 months old.  

First time since 1986 I've been without a dog in my care.  I'm hurting quite a bit right now, and could use a prayer or two.  My eyes won't quit leaking this morning, and I'm leaving out now to take him to a crematory.  

bullet 10072003.jpg

Loosing a pet IS the equivalent of loosing a family member.

Praying with you during this time of grief. 

277176789_Pawprintsleftbyyou.jpg.3fe67003ee92b5e0b627d6bd5f5ea8ab.jpg

Indeed, loosing such a 'Friend' is tough.    They are not 'just a pet' but rather a loving friend

that gives us their total adoration.  

I went thru the same thing with our 'Benji' about 3 years ago and he was only 5 years old.

One of the best 'heart comforters'  was when 'Bandit' found us a few months later and now he's

our guardian and full time friend.

..........Widder

I feel for you, Pard!  

Been through it too many times!!  I'll go through it again 'cause the companionship and joy is worth it!!

You KNOW the memories will replace the sorrow in time and you'll just remember the fun for the most part!

Wait a little while.  Then get you a new friend and start on a new bunch of memories!!!

Every time I think about getting another dog I read about one passing.

And I don’t think I could handle that again. :(

So, so sorry.

I wish I had better words for your loss.

We have one that is old and getting slower.

Dreading that day that we know is near.

We don't religiously follow proper canine diet.

He gets a cheeseburger now and then.

I told Shortcake to do the same with me.

I don't want my last meal to be Jello.

32 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

When you are ready go the rescue shelter to find your new buddy.

Those dogs really need you to take one home 

Maybe even 2.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Every time I think about getting another dog I read about one passing.

And I don’t think I could handle that again. :(

UB,

It ain't about you, but rather the new friend curled up inside a small room waiting.....and waiting.

Gazing thru the cage wires....And the sun sets and rises...... and your new friend is still waiting and

staring thru those cage wires.  

Then you walk thru that door and your new friend eyeballs light up and that tail starts

wagging like a windshield wiper in a rain storm.   Trust me..... you can handle it!

Now is good time to start thinking of his/her name..... ;)

I think I'm gonna name my next one..... Crockett!

..........Widder

Sorry to hear Mark, he was a very cute looking dog. I know it feels strange to be without a companion but give it some time before you start looking for another one. The little guy can never be replaced in your heart, but eventually another furry little friend will come along and help you mend it.

4 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Prayers for your loss.

becomes a.jpg

I was given a small plaque when my wife died:  "When one you love becomes a memory the memory becomes a treasure."

It's appropriate to any person (including fur persons) that you have lost.

Prayers on the way.

My condolences and my prayers.

Your best buddy has crossed over the rainbow bridge and will be waiting for you.

My hand on your shoulder, my friend.
I know that loss and I wish it on no one.
You've gotten more and better advice than I could give.
'Scuse me.
My eyes are leaking, and Salty-dog knows something is wrong, she's giving me The Look ...

Prayers up from our ranch as well.  They will be waiting for you across the rainbow bridge, just like the passel we've got waiting for us.

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

UB,

It ain't about you, but rather the new friend curled up inside a small room waiting.....and waiting.

Gazing thru the cage wires....And the sun sets and rises...... and your new friend is still waiting and

staring thru those cage wires.  

Then you walk thru that door and your new friend eyeballs light up and that tail starts

wagging like a windshield wiper in a rain storm.   Trust me..... you can handle it!

Now is good time to start thinking of his/her name..... ;)

I think I'm gonna name my next one..... Crockett!

..........Widder

I applaud the folks who rescue the critters.

But I think a feller can only take so much grief. At least this feller.

Always difficult when a family member is lost.

I had a helluva moment this morning...broke me up.  I ate my usual bowl of Cheerios and banana for breakfast...and had no reason to set the bowl of leftover milk on the floor.  :( 

7 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Well, hopefully talking to us about it is being therapeutic in some way. I pity the souls who don't share a love of pets and just treat them like they're just another mouth to feed.

It is helping.  He was one of my kids...just a furry one that couldn't speak English.  Until his health declined, he slept on top of the covers beside me, went places with me, and was my constant companion when I was in the house.  I bought him for my ex wife when he was 5 weeks old, but he took to me instead of her.    

Archived