SASS Wire Forum

How to get SASS to respond ?

Von Dutch, SASS # 7995

6 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

plenty of people CAN'T call.....there is simply NO excuse to not answer business emails in this day and age....

Well...sometimes those non-responsive folks are having those emails received into their SPAM box...so...

PS: Who can email, but can't call???

14 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

A deaf or mute person?

I used the contact form about replacing a lost item and they didn't email back, the item just showed up in the mail a few days later.   :)

26 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well...sometimes those non-responsive folks are having those emails received into their SPAM box...so...

I have difficulty hearing on the phone so I usually don't call when there is an effective alternative way to contact someone.  Obviously the alternative method in this case isn't effective.

Just now, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

I have difficulty hearing on the phone so I usually don't call when there is an effective alternative way to contact someone.  Obviously the alternative method in this case isn't effective.

So you mean that there are people that won't call even after repeated email attempts?

And I have a pretty good understanding of hearing impairments having profound hearing loss and 25 years of hearing aids and I'm only 58.

Just now, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

So you mean that there are people that won't call even after repeated email attempts?

And I have a pretty good understanding of hearing impairments having profound hearing loss and 25 years of hearing aids and I'm only 58.

Not the case with me, just saying there are reasons why some folks don't call.  I have to ask my wife to call for me if the email doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

They have special phones.

Bet the SASS office doesn't have one though.

39 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

And they should be checking their SPAM box for misdirected emails.

44 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

They have special phones.

I can attest to that, my ex brother in law and sister in law were both deaf and had a special phone. That was back in the 70's, I'm sure they have even more advanced phones for the deaf now!

45 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Bet the SASS office doesn't have one though.

And they should be checking their SPAM box for misdirected emails.

You think you have a good understanding of the technology?

23 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You think you have a good understanding of the technology?

Much better than the average bear.

The point is if SASS HQ cannot be bothered answering emails then they shouldn't list it as a method of contacting them. Ignoring prospective clients is a sure fire way to end up out of business.

9 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Much better than the average bear.

The point is if SASS HQ cannot be bothered answering emails then they shouldn't list it as a method of contacting them. Ignoring prospective clients is a sure fire way to end up out of business.

Your premise is based on them receiving the emails...

And your previous statements indicate to me that the "average bear" is terribly ignorant.

What's wrong with people??? If you are not getting a response from your email inquires, call. If YOU can't call, find someone that can call on your behalf.

What a bunch of sensitive and needy people...

Phantom

If I make a call for an item or service that I want to purchase, I follow it up with an email.

Dear Sir,

This email is to memorialize our phone conversation regarding the purchase of blah, blah, blah.

When they get the email, they can see what my take was of our conversation. They can email back to confirm or correct my version.

I have had too many people "not remember" I called.

Just keeps everyone on the same page. Literally.

The telephone has always worked the best for me and the ladies at the SASS HQ are really nice to visit with.

Just now, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

If your not going to answer your E-Mail why  have an E-Mail address? And yes I was going to call but I figured if they are not going to answer E-Mail why would they answer the Phone?

Heyya Von Dutch!

I cut folks slack since having many emails not get to me nor my intended destination.

1 minute ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

If your not going to answer your E-Mail why  have an E-Mail address? And yes I was going to call but I figured if they are not going to answer E-Mail why would they answer the Phone?

I rarely get emails answered from anyone, phone calls 99% get answered. I’ve dealt with gunsmiths who have never answered any emails, many emails, but they almost always answer the phone. I rarely answer emails unless I know exactly who it is that’s emailing me. 

10 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Heyya Von Dutch!

I cut folks slack since having many emails not get to me nor my intended destination.

Hay Phantom how are you? well I am cutting them some slack that's why I went to the wire and ask how they respond so I will call them Thanks V.D. I cant believe all the crap over a simple question ?

Surprised ... Roxy West (Amelia) used to respond to emails within same day.  Wonder what's going on.

RR..

Never had a problem with the telephone.

17 minutes ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

Hay Phantom how are you? well I am cutting them some slack that's why I went to the wire and ask how they respond so I will call them Thanks V.D. I cant believe all the crap over a simple question ?

Hey - it's the Wire.

:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

Surprised ... Roxy West (Amelia) used to respond to emails within same day.  Wonder what's going on.

RR..

You're assuming that this is a common condition. 

We don't have any data that would indicate that it is...and we don't have data that Roxy West responded to all emails immediately.

Love the Wire!!!

35 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

RR..

She ain’t there anymore.

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I cannot call anymore, they would not understand me if I did. All of my communication nowadays with the outside world is mostly done by e-mail or text

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

I cannot call anymore, they would not understand me if I did. All of my communication nowadays with the outside world is mostly done by e-mail or text

You can have someone call for you...therefore, you can call.

Phantom

Archived