SASS Wire Forum

Club Badges

Asa Smith

Hello Wire

Our club offered badges to members in the past.

Somewhere along the line the info for the supplier was lost.

We have had a few requests again.

I need to know what companies other clubs are using.

Thanks for all info provided...

Asa Smith

Ours look like this:

fullsizeoutput_10b7.jpeg

I order badges for several clubs from a police supply house.   The one on the far left is an example of the badge for the North Alabama Regulators.  

badges scorrs.jpg

Check out buffalowildwest.com     He custom makes old west style badges for SASS clubs for $25. He's also a SASS merchant.

His phone number is (770) 778-8922.

ARC 

4 minutes ago, Arizona Ranger Captain said:

Check out buffalowildwest.com     He custom makes old west style badges for SASS clubs for $25. He's also a SASS merchant.

His phone number is (770) 778-8922.

ARC 

Need an 's' in the web site name: http://www.buffaloswildwest.com/custom-old-west-badges.html

I stand corrected, forgot the "s". Thanks TC.

ARC

I would think some of these come pretty close to Impersonating an Officer, a serious misdemeanor in most localities.  

Badges have a legal purpose.  They are for law enforcement officers to officially identify themselves.  They are not toys, trinkets or jewelry. 

Can't we find a pin-on Club symbol that doesn't look like we are a bunch of wanabe cops?  The SASS badge is at least old west style, which probably wouldn't confuse anybody.  But some of those badges pictured here would probably raise hackles on most LEO's.  

Just MHO.  

I'm a retired LEO, doesn't raise my hackles... there's no State seal or City Seal on it... easily disguinshable from a LEO badge.  As far as civilians go... well, their assumptions are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong.  

Further, impersonation of a law enforcement officer goes well beyond wearing an easily identified "badge"... it implies some form of action on the part of the "actor" that mimmicks a LEO... speech, actions, something that would lead a person to believe the "actor" was a LEO.  

Besides, the "dress" of the shooter would kinda be a dead giveaway... unless one believes in time travel... do ya?

Archived