SASS Wire Forum

Estate SG shells,, my experience

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

I've had a couple boxes of estate, 12 g 1 1/8 oz  1145 fps, for a while and din't use them because thay are quite a bit stouter than my reloads..  BUT

I was comparing them physically to my AAs,,,  they are close to .010 smaller in diameter than my AAs,,,  I used them on occassion at GOA this weekend, especially on stages that required a different shuck than I normally do,,, use they do kick more, but, they fly out of my sxs compared to my AAs,,, 

guess I won't be throwing the hulls away after all

I have some in 16 ga. I was hoping they would be OK ...

I will use them for Indoors shooting in the Winter and as a Source of Hulls to stuff with Black ....

Jabez Cowboy

I was hoping they would last better than the Reminton "Game Load" hulls ,,,,, They last a max of two loads with black ....

The Purple Fed. hulls go about 3 loads ......

Jabez Cowboy

9 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

The Estate hulls I reloaded liked to split. Not all but enough to be annoying. You can fit A LOT of BP in them though! 

Are they splitting because your using too much BP?

28 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

I've had a couple boxes of estate, 12 g 1 1/8 oz  1145 fps, for a while and din't use them because thay are quite a bit stouter than my reloads..  BUT

I was comparing them physically to my AAs,,,  they are close to .010 smaller in diameter than my AAs,,,  I used them on occassion at GOA this weekend, especially on stages that required a different shuck than I normally do,,, use they do kick more, but, they fly out of my sxs compared to my AAs,,, 

guess I won't be throwing the hulls away after all

I'm reloading them & like them better than AAs.

AND,,, Crazy Crider said he gets free hulls from the traps range,,, use once and pitch

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Are they splitting because your using too much BP?

Nah. The petals of the crimp were splitting. I tried a box of smokeless and had three or for split. Once fired.

Archived