SASS Wire Forum

WTB - Black rig

Star Shooter

Looking for a good condition, black rig.  Not cross-draw, with or without bullet loops but if it has loops they need to be for 45's.  Size needed is 38 but something in the range of 36 - 40 might work.  I shoot 5 1/2" Evil Roy's so holsters need to fit those.  Not looking for anything B-western, more of a traditional setup.

If you have one sitting around you no longer need, drop me a note!

If you're not getting any traction on your post you may want to contact Stockyard Johnny Red he has real good prices and makes some great lookin' rigs.  If you want his number PM me.

Idaho Bob - looks like you do some beautiful work!  I'm looking to pick something up pretty quickly but if I can't find something I'll be in touch.  

Out of curiosity, I'm looking for a pretty simple black rig, dual straight draw with something simple to dress it up just a little (white stitching, a couple conchos or spots, etc.) but nothing overly complicated.  I shoot Cimarron Evil Roy pistols with 5 1/2" barrels in 45.  Would be nice to incorporate 3 or 4 double shot shell loops and maybe 10 45 loops in the belt to avoid the need for a separate shotgun belt.  Size would be 38 inches.  Any idea how long that would take to make and the cost?

Thank you!!

9 hours ago, Star Shooter said:

Idaho Bob - looks like you do some beautiful work!  I'm looking to pick something up pretty quickly but if I can't find something I'll be in touch.  

Out of curiosity, I'm looking for a pretty simple black rig, dual straight draw with something simple to dress it up just a little (white stitching, a couple conchos or spots, etc.) but nothing overly complicated.  I shoot Cimarron Evil Roy pistols with 5 1/2" barrels in 45.  Would be nice to incorporate 3 or 4 double shot shell loops and maybe 10 45 loops in the belt to avoid the need for a separate shotgun belt.  Size would be 38 inches.  Any idea how long that would take to make and the cost?

Thank you!!

Thank you Sir! I appreciate the compliment. My lead time right now is roughly 4 weeks.  Price will be based on how fancy we get with it. But I’d say roughly $550 without knowing which specific conchos and buckles we go with.  Any tooling would be additional.  I use Hermann Oak Leather on all my rigs.  This would be for 2 fully lined holsters, wet molded and flared with belt blocks ready for competition as well as a 2 layered curved belt with suede liner, belt support catch which eliminates pressure off the billets and loops set how you prefer.   The price I quoted is roughly 20% less than what I’d typically charge.  Ive been trying to give some folks a great deal in an effort to get my name out there. 

If you need something a little cheaper, there are some design features that can be adjusted to cut some costs. Feel free to Contact me anytime and we can discuss some options.  Thank you Sir! 

-Idaho Bob. 

Email : JeffTucker@northidaholeather.com

cell: 209-743-6944 

No dog in this hunt but that is some mighty fine leather work there Idaho Bob!   SCJ

Archived