SASS Wire Forum

With lemons you make lemonade, right?

Police in Denver shut down a lemonade stand a couple of weeks ago because the kids running it didn’t have a permit :angry:, triggering a national outcry against bureaucracy run amok.

However, here in Florida, we get it right.....:D

CENTRAL FLORIDA BOY OFFERS FREE LEMONADE TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT

530795987_OrangeCountyLemonadeStand.png.17cc0bb38a2fe57679785c8115d7e05f.png

And CountryTime Lemonade is making a stand (my pun :blush:) with this offer:

1137936123_CountryTimeLemonade.png.7465b16baffd144a09fcaad81e2a01a9.png

How old is this?

I remember a kid getting his lemonade stand shut down for not having a license, but that was several years ago, not a couple of weeks.

And the deputies here in Bay County haven't worn green uniforms like that for years. I would assume that if our uniforms have changed, so have all the other counties'.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

How old is this?

I remember a kid getting his lemonade stand shut down for not having a license, but that was several years ago, not a couple of weeks.

And the deputies here in Bay County haven't worn green uniforms like that for years. I would assume that if our uniforms have changed, so have all the other counties'.

The program was announced in June 2018.  

The group will cover fees up to $300 for stands that were fined in 2017 or 2018 or for permits bought this year.

Police shut down some local kids stands but no fines were issued.  One parent got mouthy and was cited for something.  Haven’t heard about anything this summer so they may have backed off or kids might not be as motivated.  

Archived