SASS Wire Forum

Do you shoot 5 or 6? - stages at monthly matches

Warden Callaway

1 minute ago, Blast Masterson said:

Four ranges are a two hour trip for me.  I shoot Bowling Green when it's hot as blazes because the range is in the shade, so I'll put up with just five stages. For me, shooting is an all day affair. We may shoot fast, but I'm in no hurry to get home for lunch. Glad they are back to six! Might make the trip more often now.

At Boaz, Ky we shoot 3 stages twice, which helps with set-up and tear down. But it's hard to not shoot the second stage the way you shot it the first go round! B)

Even if it's the same travel time, we won't travel through Nashville traffic to just shoot five stages.

I think that's the plan at Green River, 3 stages 6 scenarios, that way we don't have to move the carts quite so much. That said the stages are already written for the 5th Saturday match so he may use 6 different stages this time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

There's no such thing as too much shooting on a stage, is there?

20-20-10?

Looks like the Evil Bob stage - glad he has put hay bales in front of the bottle targets -  When I shot that stage several years ago the splatter back from those targets was really bad on the shooter - we also had to use 2 shotguns - you got away with only one!  Really nice stage.

Both LSFSC & CVV shoot six.  Many, many years ago, LSFSC would also have a "long" range side match,   It slowly faded to a memory, I suspect a lack of interest led to its demise... :(

Archived