SASS Wire Forum

1873 in MA

dmf38

Whether you find a dealer who sells them or not, any FFL can order a rifle for you from any of the importers.  Now, if you want to handle some to see what you like, get yourself to a CAS match and make that known.

1 hour ago, Rancho Roy said:

There is one listed here in Massachusetts

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/wts-unfired-uberti-1873-rifle-in-44-40.375136/

it says unfired, 44-40, $700

smok’n deal!

Well, it has a 30" barrel.  If that's what you want, then yep smokin' deal!  I'd buy it!

Just now, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Well, it has a 30" barrel.  If that's what you want, then yep smokin' deal!  I'd buy it!

Nothing a hacksaw can't fix :ph34r:

Howdy

Where in Mass are you?

I was just at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine and saw several Uberti rifles. Kittery is as far a south as you can go in Maine.

If you are anywhere near Woburn I'm sure Four Seasons could order one for you.

https://fsguns.com/

If you buy at Kittery, be sure to have the rifle or shotgun transferred at the Kittery NH Transfer Station......then you do not pay any sales tax!

Last time I was at Kittery they were not doing that anymore.

They issue a gift card with the purchase of a fire arm by an out of state buyer.

The gift card can be used to offset the purchase of ammo or other stuff, but can not be applied to the sale of the firearm.

This is an attempt to compensate out of state buyers for the Maine sales tax. I don't remember if the gift card is the same amount as the sales tax.

I seem to recall this may be a temporary arrangement while they are fixing up NH transfer station.

Not sure if they will reinstate the work around to the Maine tax or not.

2 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

They did a NH transfer two weeks ago for a friend that bought a shotgun. Must be over $300 purchase.

I was there last Wednesday.

I'm not going to go into the details.

But what I said earlier is what I experienced last Wednesday.

Do not know if this is a permanent change or just temporary.

Archived