SASS Wire Forum

Another Nut Job

Smoken D

Heavily armed man enters Walmart filming the incident and is stopped by armed CCW Fireman. On his web site he reported anger over Walmart not selling ammo. Good for the off duty fireman taking action.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/us/walmart-armed-man-springfield-missouri/index.html

I guess common sense is not common for at least one person in this story.

Good thing the fireman kept his cool.

These latest zipperheads have been in their 20’s. The “Me, Me, Me Generation”.

Glad those firefighters were packing.

Who wants to bet that the idiot was on some “anti-depressant” drug and quit taking it?

The world ain't changed much since the beginning of time, as we know it.

Thousands of mass murders have occurred thru out history using various 'instruments'

to appease the sick desires of the perps.

Example:  1966 - Richard Speck tortured and murdered 8 nursing students in Chic-A- Go.

Its reported that his weapon of choice was a knife.   I think it was also reported that

he raped one of those nurses before killing her.

Danger is all around whether it appears as a little '1' or a big '21',  so to speak.

The larger the number AND of course the 'instrument' used will often determine

the type of publicity.   And we live in a world where news is instantaneous.

Be vigilant my friends.

..........Widder

Based solely on that linked website -

The video stopped at 30 seconds and never finished. In what had played there was no mention of guns, body armor or firemen.

There is a picture of the guy. The article says he was dressed in military fatigues and wearing body armor. The picture shows a black t-shirt and a "tactical vest". I see no fatigues and no armor.

It appears that, again, CNN is overreacting.

The Assoc. Press didn't say if the FF was armed.

"On Thursday, five days after the El Paso shooting, panicked shoppers fled a Walmart in Springfield, Missouri, after a man carrying a rifle and wearing body armor walked around the store before being stopped by an off-duty firefighter. No shots were fired and the man was arrested after surrendering."

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Based solely on that linked website -

The video stopped at 30 seconds and never finished. In what had played there was no mention of guns, body armor or firemen.

There is a picture of the guy. The article says he was dressed in military fatigues and wearing body armor. The picture shows a black t-shirt and a "tactical vest". I see no fatigues and no armor.

It appears that, again, CNN is overreacting.

The story got updated after I had posted it. Here is another story maybe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/08/us/walmart-springfield-mo.html

4 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well it seems the world has gone plumb off the deep end 

CB

Several years ago actually. :(

10 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Hell. If the world keeps going the way it is? That’s how I’ll be dressed to go shopping.....

There's a conspiracy theory in there somewhere.....Amazon is trying to get people to stop going to Wal-Mart....:wacko:

The "suspect" has a right  a speedy trial.

He's there, the victims are there, the witnesses are there, the weapons and evidence is there, you have enough people for a jury.  Read him his rights, assign a judge and defense advocate, hold the trial and if he's found guilty shoot him dead and haul the body away.  As speedy as it can get.  

Try to get this all done before the press arrives, haul the body away and dump it in an unmarked grave.   Dispose of any ID the suspect had on him so no one can tell who he was. 

Forget it.

Go home and have a bowl of ice cream.

If that is done all across the land the crime rate will plummet almost overnight.

Every time you have a notorious incident the copycats come out of the woodwork. Remember the CA freeway shootings during the 1980s? The disgruntled postal workers during the 90s? Now we have every mentally unstable 19-21yo realizing they can become famous in minutes just by showing up at a Walmart with an AK.

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

He's there, the victims are there, the witnesses are there, the weapons and evidence is there, you have enough people for a jury.  Read him his rights, assign a judge and defense advocate, hold the trial and if he's found guilty shoot him dead and haul the body away.  As speedy as it can get.  

Try to get this all done before the press arrives, haul the body away and dump it in an unmarked grave.   Dispose of any ID the suspect had on him so no one can tell who he was. 

Forget it.

If that is done all across the land the crime rate will plummet almost overnight.

Except in this case the man was open carrying in a open carry state. Probably unwise in today’s political climate but what laws did he break?

Although I understand your frustration. Criminals seem to get away with a slap on the wrist nowadays.

48 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Except in this case the man was open carrying in a open carry state. Probably unwise in today’s political climate but what laws did he break?

Although I understand your frustration. Criminals seem to get away with a slap on the wrist nowadays.

A person commits the crime of making a terrorist threat in the second degree when he recklessly disregards the risk of causing the evacuation of any portion of a building and knowingly communicates an express or implied threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life. See Section 574.120, RSMo. Making a terrorist threat in the second degree is a class E felony and is punishable by up to 4 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections and/or a fine of up to $10,000.00

My instinct is to classify him as a dumb punk who needs a horsewhippin.

Just my instinct. I’ve been wrong before. Once or twice. ;)

50 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A person commits the crime of making a terrorist threat in the second degree when he recklessly disregards the risk of causing the evacuation of any portion of a building and knowingly communicates an express or implied threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life. See Section 574.120, RSMo. Making a terrorist threat in the second degree is a class E felony and is punishable by up to 4 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections and/or a fine of up to $10,000.00

So by carrying openly in a open carry state he is now a terrorist?

Ive walked into a crowded gas station with my 44 on my hip? Going packing in the mountains and was paying for fuel. I guess I’m lucky as Washington is a helluva lot more liberal than Missouri.

2 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

I find it amazing that most criminals get away with so much, buy every time I rent a BVD I am reminded that there is a $250,000.00 fine and five years in jail for video piracy.  I can kill someone on the courthouse steps at noon and not get that much time.

45 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

So by carrying openly in a open carry state he is now a terrorist?

Ive walked into a crowded gas station with my 44 on my hip? Going packing in the mountains and was paying for fuel. I guess I’m lucky as Washington is a helluva lot more liberal than Missouri.

That's the Missouri statute he’s charged with violating. His actions were far from a simple open carry issue.

I would hope that anyone in Washington who acted the same as this young jackass would also be charged.

If it was my choice he would also be charged with 2 counts of vehicular assault. An officer responding to this incident had a woman pull out in front of him while he was responding code 1. Both received injuries and both vehicles were totaled. 

Does The majority believe CNN or any other major "news" orginazation has the habit of telling the truth?  No?  Then why do we quote them (the news) to judge, try and convict someone at Walmart?

I too wonder about that.

For at least four years I was constantly seeing stuff about the "lame stream media", and how all of the news organizations lie to us constantly. They have an agenda. They are all a bunch of liberals. You can't believe anything they tell you.

Then Trump runs against Clinton. "Trump took the electoral college, but Clinton carried the popular vote."

And I would see posts on all different boards saying "thank God for the electoral college, because otherwise Clinton would be president!"

And I would wonder why anyone would believe the news - you know the people that has been lying to us because they have their own agenda - saying that she got the popular vote.

They lie. The news lies. They do not tell the truth.

Yet people believe them.

As it stands right now, the "suspect" made NO verbal threats, the rifle remained slung on his shoulder, the handgun remained in its holster, and the ammunition was secured properly.

Other than being a dumbass, it appears that he did NOTHING unlawful.  If it turns out that his "social media" is devoid of any threats, he should probably be severely chastised by the presiding magistrate, publicly, and released.

The fireman jumped the gun!!  (unintentional pun)  If he had waited until the suspect had reached for either weapon, he would have been within his rights to intervene.  As it stands, he's probably subject prosecution for threatening the young idiot with a firearm!!

By the way!!  I hardly consider a black T-shirt and cargo pants as battle fatigues.  The "vest" was a tactical vest, NOT body armor either!! 

49 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

As it stands right now, the "suspect" made NO verbal threats, the rifle remained slung on his shoulder, the handgun remained in its holster, and the ammunition was secured properly.

Other than being a dumbass, it appears that he did NOTHING unlawful.  If it turns out that his "social media" is devoid of any threats, he should probably be severely chastised by the presiding magistrate, publicly, and released.

The fireman jumped the gun!!  (unintentional pun)  If he had waited until the suspect had reached for either weapon, he would have been within his rights to intervene.  As it stands, he's probably subject prosecution for threatening the young idiot with a firearm!!

By the way!!  I hardly consider a black T-shirt and cargo pants as battle fatigues.  The "vest" was a tactical vest, NOT body armor either!! 

Missouri State Statue as posted by Utah Bob;

He fits this case hopefully receives the 4 years along with the max fine. J.M.H.O. 

The fireman was covered being this was in the commission of a felony.

15 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Missouri State Statue as posted by Utah Bob;

He fits this case hopefully receives the 4 years along with the max fine. J.M.H.O. 

The fireman was covered being this was in the commission of a felony.

As I said, he made NO threat in his actions, overtly or otherwise.  If his “social media” doesn’t reveal any threat or threatening agenda and no witnesses come forward with tangible evidence of a threat, then intent may be difficult to prove and his possession of the weapons may be considered entirely legal.

I’m not saying that he is not subject to the charges proferred. I am saying that without tangible evidence of a threat or threatening gesture, making any charges stick may be harder than you might think.  If he has no prior record, it will be even more difficult and if his sister testifies in the affirmative as to his intention to “test his Second Amendment rights” it becomes more problematic.

In the event that this idiot is released, which IS a distinct possibility, I still think he’s a total dumbass and in earlier days would have and should have had his posterior kicked up to the third floor.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:36 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Forget it.

I have a real problem with this approach 40. You didn't say what kind of ice cream. Can I have chocolate syrup on mine?

On 8/10/2019 at 5:10 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Pretty soon the media will figure out what 5.11 cargo pants are and scream frightful notions that anyone wearing 5.11 cargo pants or shorts is a terrorist.

"He has extra pockets! They must be full of tactical stuff! We're wetting ourselves! Arrest him!"

Archived