SASS Wire Forum

Bart Solo?

Warden Callaway

Anyone hear from Bart Solo lately?   

He regularly shoots with us in the summer months here in Missouri but not checked in this year.   He snowbirds to Florida during the winter.  He's been active on the Wire but not since November 1.  

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

He's been a member of our club for years, but we haven't heard from him either.

Howdy Abilene...Also Chauncey Dewey ...haven't heard or seen him in the results lately, hope he's okay !

1 hour ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy Abilene...Also Chauncey Dewey ...haven't heard or seen him in the results lately, hope he's okay !

Chauncey is good! Moved to Colorado outside of Denver about 4 or so years ago. He makes it out our way once in awhile.

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Chauncey is good! Moved to Colorado outside of Denver about 4 or so years ago. He makes it out our way once in awhile.

Thanks.. thats's great..say hi if you see him.

Maybe we need to round up a posse.  Check the bars and jail at the sheriff's office?   

We shot a number of matches and visited some but we didn't run in the same circles.  I only know his allies.  I don't know where in Florida he migrated to in the winter.  

Maybe those who shot with him in Florida may know something?

2 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

IIRC he just posted on the Wire this a.m. :unsure: 

Not this Wire.

His profile shows his last post to be last November. I sincerely hope he's ok.

18 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Maybe contact the clubs he is listed with? :huh:

OLG

I don't know what clubs he may be listed with.   He kept a duel resistance in Missouri and Florida.  He was probably in Florida last.

He was active shooter and here on the Wire.   Seemed like every time I posted one of my DIY projects,  he would post a reply letting me know I could just buy the thing I made or send it to someone to modify.  He kind of missed the point that I enjoy doing it myself. 

I sent an email to K. C. Ranger at Powder creek and got a quick reply that they have not seen him this year. Just figured he staid in Florida.   I sent an email to the Gold Cost Gunslingers contact guy but not gotten a reply. 

23 hours ago, polecat joe said:

Haven't  seen him at any of the club shoots in Florida either. He usually shot with the Gold Coast Gunslingers and The Okeechobee Outlaws

I've not gotten a reply from the Gold Cost Gunslinger club contact.

Maybe you could make some inquiries down there?  Put out some wanted posters or something?

3 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I found him on Facebook.   I'm not a friend so I can't see if he's still posting.   Ronald Byers Blue Springs Missouri.

Well it shows that he made a post on July 12th of this year

I will check with Ace Hanlon who is also from Missouri but lives in south Florida now. I believe he talked to him about nine months ago. but as i said before, I've not seen Bart for a long time and when I did, he was really into it.

Warden I talked to Bart in early 2019 and he said he had a lot going on but he and his family were fine. His Missouri residence is Blue Springs. Have not had any word since. I will try and contact him for an update . Ace

I got an email reply from The Gold Coast Gunslingers president - George Washington McLintock.  He has no direct contact with him. Only thing he knows is that his email is not being returned. 

This is starting to be like looking for bigfoot.   No confirmed sighting. :ph34r:

Warden:

You may be right. ;)

Believe its 'bout time we round up a posse and seriously start looking for the pard! 

414895746_Cowboylookingthroughbinoculars.thumb.png.9c89d0574a36f2078230b63c50008cc1.png

• 1 month later...

Call SASS in Edgewood NM.  Ask if he’s still current or has recently renewed and what city/state he’s in.  If they have a phone for him ask them to call him and tell him to make a wire reply or post a new topic.  Maybe the’ll do some or all if that.

• 3 months later...

I have had email contact with Bart around Thanksgiving time.  Bart said he has really been busy with work and was a little burned out with shooting.  I suspect we will see him return to the game soon.

1 hour ago, Ace Hanlon said:

I have had email contact with Bart around Thanksgiving time.  Bart said he has really been busy with work and was a little burned out with shooting.  I suspect we will see him return to the game soon.

Hey Ace, are you going to the Ides this year?

Archived