SASS Wire Forum

Plano Gun Case (Holds All My Main Match Guns)

On 8/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

BTW I love your videos.

Thank you!

On 8/13/2019 at 6:38 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

ME TOO!

SASS ought to let him take over their YouTube channel.

Thank you too!! 

On 8/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, G W Wade said:

Look at the RTIC cases I mentioned above.   Made by the people who/whom make cooler.   They run specials once or twice a year with some deep discounts.     GW

Thanks for the info.  

On 8/13/2019 at 7:36 PM, GPG said:

Hey Jed 

Looks like you've been doing well really love the video on the Plano gun case!   I'm going to have to try one of those.

Don't forget to mark your calendar up for next June:)

GPG

Glad you’re enjoying the videos!    

On 8/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, Juan Solo said:

Surprised no one mentioned this, but with the pick-n-pluck foam (or any foam really) a popular durability upgrade is to use plasti-dip on the foam after you pluck it. Its very common in the 3-gun and PRS cases and it really does make it substantially more durable. You dont need to soak the foam, just give it like 2-3 light coats so that it doesnt collapse/seperate. Plus it helps keep the foam from absorbing oil and moisture.

I’ve seen the use of Plasti-Dip on these case in a YouTube video.  I might look into doing somethin’ like that.  If I do, well, I’m sure I’ll film it for an episode of JED iTV

On 8/14/2019 at 1:52 PM, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

ok, I"m cheap,,, a bought a hard shell golf bag and some 4" foam.   fits 4 long guns, 4 hand guns,,,,   when you drag it into a hotel, it does't raise eyebrows,  and if I leave it in the car,  I strap it down,    I've got to come up witha better locking system tho...

Nothin’ wrong with being frugal. 

On 8/14/2019 at 6:44 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

When when I am wearing my Shooting clothes and carrying my gun cases with Yahama, Roland, and Korg stickers on them and the desk clerk starts playing 20 questions I tell them I am in a cover band for Steam Powered Giraffe.

You can always tell when the desk clerk has taken the time to look it up. :P

Listening to ‘em as I type this... :)

i like all the ideas presented , been using pelican for years but i have separate cases for the long guns and handguns , carrying two has never been an issue in the camper , but i have a third for my long range , that adds up , 

Archived