SASS Wire Forum

Grips

Chicken George*

On 8/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WOW-Really like that :excl:

Did you do the work?

OLG

OLG..Nah not my work ,done by a friend from Adelaide in South Australia, actually it was only recently that I swapped for a set of GF grips that I didn't use..just used them today & they feel good in the hand .

4 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

OLG..Nah not my work ,done by a friend from Adelaide in South Australia, actually it was only recently that I swapped for a set of GF grips that I didn't use..just used them today & they feel good in the hand .

Could you ask him what tool he uses to make the dimples.

Very uniform, and bet they look great in the sunlight.

OLG

I have a pair of Uberti Cattleman pistols; they both have standard wood grips but the color of the wood is noticeably different.  I am looking to buy a matching set of grips for the guns because - well, because looking good is part of the appeal to me.  

I like to say I dont care how much they cost - but I do.  I can't afford shell out so much money on grips that I could have bought another gun or a branch new progressive reloaded.   

I'm just not sure where to start looking for grips that look decent that wont break the bank.  I wish I could find an attractive set of ivory/faux-ivory that look good on a set of blued pistols but I cant seem to find anything that really trips my interests price wise so far.

Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

I have a pair of Uberti Cattleman pistols; they both have standard wood grips but the color of the wood is noticeably different.  I am looking to buy a matching set of grips for the guns because - well, because looking good is part of the appeal to me.  

I like to say I dont care how much they cost - but I do.  I can't afford shell out so much money on grips that I could have bought another gun or a branch new progressive reloaded.   

I'm just not sure where to start looking for grips that look decent that wont break the bank.  I wish I could find an attractive set of ivory/faux-ivory that look good on a set of blued pistols but I cant seem to find anything that really trips my interests price wise so far.

Any thoughts?

Do you have any skill at fitting the grips yourself? These guys make the best fake Ivory I have encountered so far

https://guitarpartsandmore.com/productCategory.php?Resin-Ivory-trade-SAA-Revolver-Grip-Panels-118

28 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Do you have any skill at fitting the grips yourself? These guys make the best fake Ivory I have encountered so far

https://guitarpartsandmore.com/productCategory.php?Resin-Ivory-trade-SAA-Revolver-Grip-Panels-118

I don't know if I have the skill or not, but for $35 I'm about to find out...

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I don't know if I have the skill or not, but for $35 I'm about to find out...

Don't get those. Unless it's just to play around with and get better. The $65 ones are much better looking. Even some close examination has fooled knowing folks. They are that good

1 minute ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Don't get those. Unless it's just to play around with and get better. The $65 ones are much better looking. Even some close examination has fooled knowing folks. They are that good

I'm getting the cheaper ones to see if I can do it. If so, then I'll get the other.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm getting the cheaper ones to see if I can do it. If so, then I'll get the other.

Excellent. Let me know how it works out. I have absolutely no skill at it and found someone from the Colt forum that was able to fit mine for me

i switched my grip scales to something i liked the feel of , i doubt anyone would take a second look at mine but - for my BBQ gun i am thinking on somethin purdy , still seeking them out at the moment 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, Warden Callaway said:

727493417_ColtgripfinalJan2019.jpg.2fe2445d5f4c40f556e697ecda47e7aa.jpg

I like the eagle grips that come on Colts.  The checkering lessens the tendency to slip and the eagle fills the palm of my hand. 

I like these too. Mine have the horsey; but not the eagle. They are just bumpy enough to grip; but not rough and scratchy like the grips on my 1911.

21 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

This is my favorite hang onto my gun grip......Altamont laminated walnut, the rosewood are worth looking at also.149579226_.44NMV.thumb.JPG.ffa2a3f456446b7f4e82c28eec09f1dc.JPG

Wow! I :wub: this design and the bumps don't look scratchy.

Archived