SASS Wire Forum

On 8/9/2019 at 3:10 AM, Caliope Cupcake #13981 said:

THANKS LOADS Y'ALL.  IT WILL BE AN EXTERMINATOR AND MOTHBALLS :D  

EVEN THO' I'VE BEEN IN THE COWBOYS TC  SINCE THE 90s, I DUN'T OWN ANY FIREARMS,  JUST BOW AND ARROWS. MIGHT DO THAT----SILENT AND DEADLY. 

Great decision, good exterminators know exactly how to get rid of them. You won't be sorry if you get a good one!;)

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’ll be sure that my hat has been inoculated.  :ph34r:

We’ll assume the tanning process took care of that. ;)

On 8/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Go to your local farm and barn store.  Buy a Have-A-Heart live trap or one like it.  Take a tuna fish can sized container and put dog food in it.  Set the can as far back in the trap as you can.  Set the trap on the ground where they frequent.  Sprinkle a few more pieces of dog food just inside the entrance to the trap.  After you catch them, take them for a ride to a rural location.  Feed them a lead pill and dispose of appropriately.

Instead of using dog food, I understand that they can't resist marshmallows!

1 hour ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Instead of using dog food, I understand that they can't resist marshmallows!

They’ll eat pretty much anything.

We were infested with coons.  We got some live box traps and set out. Caught one soon.  But from then on I'd find the bait gone and the trap door shut.  I set up a trail cam on video mode to catch what they were doing. They were rolling the trap to get the bait to where they could pull it out.  So I staked down the traps.  They still got the bait and sprung the trap.   I took large tin cans and scewed them to the back of the traps and put the bait in there.  That kept them from getting to the bait but they worked hard at getting to it by digging under.  They wouldn't go in the traps.  I did catch some possum and a groundhowg or two and managed to catch a few coons.  They finally left us alone.

Look for an exterminator named Daniel. Because:   "But Daniel was hot, he drew first and shot. And, Rocky collapsed in the corner"  :)

I knew a fella whose wife liked to feed the raccoons dog food. They’d come up to the back door for a handout every evening.

Being a country boy, he decided he’d raise him a few chickens for fresh cackleberries. So he built a chicken run right alongside the house. Hearing a horrible ruckus one evening he opened the door. There was a raccoon reaching through the chicken wire with one paw he had grabbed a squawking hen by the leg and was holding fast. As Jonnie looked down in disbelief the coon raised the other paw toward him for a handout.

He didn’t get it. :D

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301655608

Best to use a bolt action, lever or single shot. (No gas escaping noise). A good scope helps at night.

PS - A 22 cal pellet rifle will send them packing too. This gets around most firearms laws.

I found out that the coons that get tame enough to beg for food also like raw potatoes.  Force the potato down over the barrel of a single shot 22 rifle and offer the potato to the friendly coon.  They rarely ask for more than one.  Strangely enough the potato acts as a silencer of sorts if you should happen to accidentally pull the trigger and the 22 report is not disturbing to anyone but the coon in question.

5 minutes ago, Noz said:

I found out that the coons that get tame enough to beg for food also like raw potatoes.  Force the potato down over the barrel of a single shot 22 rifle and offer the potato to the friendly coon.  They rarely ask for more than one.  Strangely enough the potato acts as a silencer of sorts if you should happen to accidentally pull the trigger and the 22 report is not disturbing to anyone but the coon in question.

Hi Noz!

How are you doing?

Allie

5 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Noz!

How are you doing?

Allie

Better, Thanks for asking.   Looks like they are going to let me do daylight driving in about 3 weeks.

Sawmill Mary was given some fancy chocolate covered cherries as a Christmas gift.  I bit into one and it was so sicking sweet I couldn't eat it.  They set around for months with none being eaten.  So I used them for coon bait.  They still stole most without getting trapped.  But what was strange, they would unwrap the foil just as neat as an old maiden Aunt. Perfect, clean and flattened out. You'd think they would just rip right into them and if you found anything left, it would be shreads. 

Archived