SASS Wire Forum

Whats FUN?

BootStrap Phil

In the beginning, 1999, I loved doing things with my husband. I loved the costuming (I made numerous costumes), the people, and that my shooting was improving.

Then, in 2005, he had to quit shooting for health reasons. I had surgery on my right hand; I'm right handed. I still shot, just not as often and my shooting no longer improved. It gets worse all of the time due to arthritis pain in both hands.

I made it to EOT in 2006. That was so much fun. I met so many people I only knew from the Wire or read about in the Chronicle. My combined posses were let by Badlands Bud and T-Bone Dooley. That was so B) . In 2010, I took a trip to Illinois and met oodles of people and saw old friends that I'd met at the Conventions.

I thoroughly enjoyed the friends I made attending the Conventions every year.

Then, I became the SASS Wire Administrator in 2013 and did that for five years. That was not fun.

I still try to attend matches.

After 4 or 5 months in CAS Cody, aka Cody James, and I signed up for EOT.  My wife, Jackie and daughter Jessica came along to watch. Cody and I felt so welcome by everyone. We could not believe we could shoot on a posse with world class shooters  and they took care of us.  Jessica, who had only shot a 22/410 combo once in her life joined and shoots by the name SASS Kicker.  My family has been taken care of ever since.  Whether a world class shooter or someone who just likes the old west, SASS has something for everyone. Big and close or further and smaller; SASS is a blast.  You can find a club somewhere or just about any weekend in AZ and they are all a little different .  That happened in 2011 and we are still having fun although college is getting in the way somewhat.  Fun is being around the family SASS creates.

It's the people and the partying!  The shooting just get's in the Way!  LOL  Really it's everything Old Guns, Dressing Up, Shooting, and making New Friend!  Best part is the Friends in other states that you only might see once a year, that you still can call them Good Friends!

Archived