SASS Wire Forum

woman left her child in Verizon

Trigger Mike

I went to Verizon tonight to get a flip phone for my 15 year old since she has a babysitting gig this week.  A woman was there in the store because she had bought an Apple yesterday but forgot her password.  She had left her car running and after a while a distressed girl about 3 peered through the window, that had been asleep.  The woman commented how she had left the car running thinking we were worried she had left her in the hot car, but I had noticed it running already.  She gets her daughter and comes back in and she plays with my 9 year old son with the sample phones.  They were not able to help her so she got in her van to leave, leaving her child behind.  The child just stood there as we gasped at what she was doing.  I and another woman ran out to stop her from leaving.  She rushed in and got her child.  The store clerk said she was not all there yesterday either.  While there she inquired about getting an iPad or tablet for her daughter.  She had already heard me declare to the clerk I would not buy a smart phone for my children.  This woman asked why and I explained that I had already experienced what goes wrong, they don't know here they are going on the internet and get themselves in trouble and it takes a lot of unscrambling to do afterwards.  It has taken us over 2 years to unscramble my 15 year old from the last smart phone.  the woman laughed and mentioned how they get addicted and cry when you take it away.  She has no idea and whats worse , evidently pays so little attention to her children.  

Archived