SASS Wire Forum

Old Texas Way

Texas Man

Today on the news showed two lawmen on horses leading a prisoner down a city street to the jail with rope tied to his handcuffs. Of course reaction didnot sit well with dudes family/ Personal I thought it was a good idea.

1 hour ago, Texas Man said:

Today on the news showed two lawmen on horses leading a prisoner down a city street to the jail with rope tied to his handcuffs. Of course reaction didnot sit well with dudes family/ Personal I thought it was a good idea.

Good to hear from you, Texas Man.

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

Good to hear from you, Texas Man.

AMEN!!

On the local news last night now the relatives of the suspect want the officers fired.  Doesn't it matter that he BROKE THE LAW?  Obviously not to his relatives.

Been missing the Texas man stories! 

This really needs to be in the Saloon but welcome back Texas Man......I too have missed your stories. Please post more often.

As for the incident, I have no problem with it.

If they had the rope tied to his leg cuffs and was dragging him, that might not sit too well. Otherwise it seems fine. Do they not know that horses don't have a caged back seat?

According to an interview with the Police Chief, the mounted Officers did as their training stated, i.e. tethering the handcuffs of the subject to the horse/Officer.  However, he stated that good judgement was not used at that specific time as a caged transport unit was in the nearby vicinity.  The Chief went further to say that the Officers would not be disciplined in any way, but that their training and procedures would be updated to utilize vehicle transport if at all possible.

Archived