SASS Wire Forum

Just Watched Jaws the Movie

Cypress Sun

If you want to watch some truly creepy or scary movies check out some of the Japanese horror films. Audition, plus the original versions of The Grudge and The Ring are all about as creepy and disturbing as they come. How they manage to get cute Asian girls to look and act like total monsters is something that has to be seen to be believed.

4 hours ago, MizPete said:

Only horror movie/Steven King novel that ever totally creeped me out.  Tho that little girl vampire in (which?) LeStat film came close.

Interview with a Vampire

Kirsten Dunst in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)

Good Movie

4 hours ago, MizPete said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.  But was Eleanor insane, or was she truly haunted?

Both for sure in the mind of an 7 year old, who didn't want his hand to be over the edge of the bed lest it be held by a ghost in the middle of the night.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:00 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Dang Mr. Patriot,   you and I seem to be on the same wave length when it comes to favorite and kinda scary

flicks.

I still love to watch 'THEM'.

And, I've seen all 3 of the 'The Thing' movies.

Ya know what 'Them' and the original 'The Thing' have in common?......... James Arness.

And Alien had me peaking at the screen when Ripley ran thru the darkened hall ways

towards the end of the movie.   I did not want to see that creature jump out and grab her.

As for JAWS, I did not jump when Dreyfus was surprised by the corpse poking out the bottom

of that boat.

BUT..... I did jump a little when Jaws come up out of the water during the 'You're gonna need a bigger

boat" seen.

BUT...the creature feature that really bothered me the most was "Prophecy" about a mutated bear.

I watched it the day before going hunting.   Going into the woods before sunup had me 

convinced some huge creature was watching me and gonna have me for breakfast.

Going into the woods, I stepped on a tree limb that was about 20' long.   The end of that long

limb push up outta the leaves and I could have swore I walked into a big bear or sounder of hogs.

And I was in woods that had bear and hog here in E. TN.

I didn't even feel safe in my tree stand.

..........Widder

+1 for Prophecy

Funny story:  I grew up in the midwest, 1500 miles from the nearest ocean.  The first time I saw an ocean in person was when I was a young 2LT flying over the Atlantic to go to Egypt on a training mission (I also saw the Mediterranean for the first time on the same flight!).  

The first time I touched the ocean, I was in my 30s, and a Major on a one-year assignment to the Pentagon.  My wife and family had to stay home because I was on a TCS order.  Mrs. Cassidy came out to see me and I took a week of leave, during which we went down to Virginia Beach (NOT during spring break when the college kids are going nuts).  We went swimming in the ocean...AND I KICKED A SHARK within the first hour. 

I "noped" out of there in mere seconds, and have not been in an ocean since.  Somebody got bitten by a shark very near there a few days later.  

Archived