SASS Wire Forum

New background check bill

Trigger Mike

Not sure, but if it's anything like Canada's they'll be hiring a number of proctologists.

Prepare yourselves.

@Trigger Mike

Is this the bill you are inquiring about?

https://giffords.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Giffords-HR-8-Factsheet-FINAL.pdf

Here is the actual HR-8 Bill

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hr8/BILLS-116hr8pcs.pdf

Notice there are no mental health riders? 

Congress doesn’t want anyone analyzing them...the granola factor is high in DC. Get rid of all the fruits and nuts and all you have left is flakes. Crooked, scheming, bottom feeding flakes...

I doubt it'll get through the senate, McConnell is really pro-gun and I doubt if Trump would sign it!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I doubt it'll get through the senate, McConnell is really pro-gun and I doubt if Trump would sign it!

I fear it will and Trump will sign it. And then they'll really start working on a new assault weapons ban :angry:

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Of course he doesn’t have to sign it. The question is, if it does get through the Senate, would he veto it?

On 8/6/2019 at 1:36 PM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

It's going to eliminate the person to person sales at gun shows, or private sales between people living in the same state. The rest is already in place as to sales from gun dealers.

Ike

Very similar to the law passed in Colorado after the Aurora theater murders. At our local gun show all sales go through an FFL. A local shop has a table set up and it’s not really a problem. 

But...if I want to sell a shotgun to my neighbor, a fellow shooter and good citizen, we have to go to town and go through the lgs. The expense is minimal but the 70 mile round trip would be a pita!

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Very similar to the law passed in Colorado after the Aurora theater murders. At out local gun show all sales go through an FFL. A local shop has a table set up and it’s not really a problem. 

But...if I want to sell a shotgun to my neighbor, a fellow shooter and good citizen, we have to go to town and go through the lgs. The expense is minimal but the 70 mile round trip would be a pita!

There is no exemption for permit holders.  

Everybody will be just like it is here in California.

I'm glad I already have more guns than I can wear out in my lifetime.  The left is getting so radical, I'm afraid of what's going to happen when the political pendulum swings back the other way.

Archived