SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy Showdown 2020 Location?

Major Art Tillery

So the past 3 years I have been holding a classic cowboy Showdown in conjunction with an annual match somewhere. Usually with my home club in Kansas, The Butterfield Gulch Gang.  This past year the showdown brought in around 23 Classic Cowboys!

Anyway looking for ideas for a 2020 range venue.. Any ideas? I currently have some interest from a club in Iowa... They are looking into it.  Any other ideas folks? Toss them out at me.  

Figure to get some options and then check over my schedule for next year and see what will work.  Thanks for any and all replies.

Major Art Tillery

There were 25 at CAC last year if you include the Senior CC's.

Just now, Major Art Tillery said:

Yep.. I was one of them!  Great group of fellas! T-bone made it up to the last showdown and smoked us all! 

He can be a wondermont to watch !!

How far are you willing to travel?

I’m the MD of the Mason Dixon Stampede held in Thurmont Maryland. Our 2020 match will be the first weekend in August and I’d be happy to play host to a bunch of Classics. 

Dutch

The one you hosted with the Butterfield Gulch Gang in Kansas was AWESOME Major. Abilene Kansas just seems like the perfect place for Classic Cowboys. Certainly Dutch Coroner and the Mason Dixon Stampede would be great as well and only a few hours from me instead of a few days....

3 hours ago, David Richert said:

Winter Range ?

Since I'm moving to Prescott, AZ this gets my vote!!!

I think the Iowa State Championships hosted by the Fort Des Moines Rangers is a premier shoot in the midwest.  I'd love to see you working with them- after all, it's a second home to Chili Pepper Kid! 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Duroc said:

I think the Iowa State Championships hosted by the Fort Des Moines Rangers is a premier shoot in the midwest.  I'd love to see you working with them- after all, it's a second home to Chili Pepper Kid! 

Yes!! Great shoot. plenty of room. The shoot is over the Memorial day weekend.  Waiting to hear back from SASS if we get the 2020 state match. Regardless of state match that is when the Fort Des Moines Rangers will be holding the annual match.

I'm not a Classic Cowboy so no dog in the fight.

I know CC has a person they honor each year. How about having it at their home club or if not big enough one near there.

Just a thought.

Waimea

On 8/5/2019 at 10:45 PM, Grizzly Dave said:

How about the Shootout at Pawnee Station in Nunn, CO?

If you have any interest I can put you in touch with the club ramrods.

Got your club on the list.  July correct?

On 8/6/2019 at 2:14 PM, David Richert said:

Winter Range ?

Winter Range already has way to much going on as is.  Would like to keep it to a State or annual match.

Went my first time this year though.. Dang was it fun!

On 8/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Dutch Coroner said:

How far are you willing to travel?

I’m the MD of the Mason Dixon Stampede held in Thurmont Maryland. Our 2020 match will be the first weekend in August and I’d be happy to play host to a bunch of Classics. 

Dutch

Probably too far for me next year... But got it wrote down on the list.

4 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Yes!! Great shoot. plenty of room. The shoot is over the Memorial day weekend.  Waiting to hear back from SASS if we get the 2020 state match. Regardless of state match that is when the Fort Des Moines Rangers will be holding the annual match.

Got you on the list for sure buddy.  I just need to figure out what weekends I have aviable next year and see what match will work. Keep me posted on your club Chili

4 hours ago, Waimea said:

I'm not a Classic Cowboy so no dog in the fight.

I know CC has a person they honor each year. How about having it at their home club or if not big enough one near there.

Just a thought.

Waimea

That is kind of a cool idea!  Going to write that down. Thanks

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Got your club on the list.  July correct?

Dates are a little up in the air after EOT rescheduled, but I'll let you know as soon as a hear anything.  Should know soon.

• 2 weeks later...

After some thought and to NOT dismiss some other great clubs and venues as there are many, I vote for...

Hell on Wheels in Cheyenne , Wyoming.

Darn good club, great shooting venue, and it's Wyoming!

Colorado works for me too. I love both places.

But, little brother, we'll need to go east at some point. And there ARE some durn fine cowboy folks and clubs east of that Border War line. :D

Archived