SASS Wire Forum

Thirty years ago today

Michigan Slim

Thirty years ago today I was shaking out of my skin saying my vows to my bride, Tracey. 

We've had some challenges but I can't imagine ever not being her husband. It's been a heck of a ride! Two great kids together and now a grandson. We all had a nice supper tonight and just a nice conversation. 

Love ya doll.

Congrats to you and the Mrs. my friend.

Many Congrats!

My wife and I recently had our fortieth.

I told her, "I regret that somehow I just don't think we'll make forty more."

Congratulations! 

Next Wednesday will be 43 years for me ‘n’ Schoolmarm!

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Congratulations! 

Next Wednesday will be 43 years for me ‘n’ Schoolmarm!

Talk about someone deserving Sainthood....

Congratulations to both Slim and Blackwater.

My musical mentor and I were in a bar a few years ago, studying the act of one of our friends.  Mike was several years older than I and he had a dry wit that always made everyone laugh.  At the break, we got together and went over ideas to improve the act. Out of nowhere, Mike pops off with, "This is my fiftieth wedding anniversary!"  We all started to congratulate him.  His wife Vicki is a treasure!!  But then he continued with, "if you count all three marriages!!"

Congrats again Slim!!

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My musical mentor and I were in a bar a few years ago, studying the act of one of our friends.  Mike was several years older than I and he had a dry wit that always made everyone laugh.  At the break, we got together and went over ideas to improve the act. Out of nowhere, Mike pops off with, "This is my fiftieth wedding anniversary!"  We all started to congratulate him.  His wife Vicki is a treasure!!  But then he continued with, "if you count all three marriages!!"

Congrats again Slim!!

First marriage for both of us. Started dating as youngsters. I was 17 when we met. 21 when we got married. Holy crap that was forever ago! 

It is well a man should speak thusly, and in public.

Same principle as sending your wife flowers.

Flowers sent to the house ... well, that's nice ... but better to send them to her at work, or in a public place, where she can be seen receiving flowers by her peers.

My wife delighted in reporting how her co-workers hissed and spat like a bunch of angry cats:  "I hate you! You witch! My husband never sends me flowers!"

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Flowers sent to the house ... well, that's nice ... but better to send them to her at work, or in a public place, where she can be seen receiving flowers by her peers.

My wife delighted in reporting how her co-workers hissed and spat like a bunch of angry cats:  "I hate you! You witch! My husband never sends me flowers!"

Did I mention she got a dozen red long stem roses at work? 

5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

What are flowers?????:unsure:

Congrats! Your 'shaking' remark reminds me of our wedding. I didn't think I was nervous, but at the altar my knees were shaking considerable. Not enough to fall over-- but I never experienced that before or since.

We were 19. Had our 52nd couple of months ago...

Congratulations! 

We're coming up on our 45th in November and I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I've got my wife trained exactly the way she wants me."  And that's the truth!! :P

The story of my wedding that gives me the most satisfaction is that of my sister and her then boyfriend, standing on the front porch of the church trying to talk Schoolmarm out of marrying me!!  "We're talking about TOMMY!!" my sister whined, "You'll never change him!!  He's, he's, he's, well you know..."

Schoolmarm calmly answered, "I know what he is!!  Why would i marry him if I wanted something different??"

3 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Congratulations! 

We're coming up on our 45th in November and I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I've got my wife trained exactly the way she wants me."  And that's the truth!! :P

Aint that the truth! She would say she's not a good trainer. I'm not quite housebroke yet.

Archived