SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee Mountain Mauraders annual Boomtown Roundup

Purly SASS # 57438

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

The problem with KK's Hoodoo dust is that he has not control over it after he opens that Pandora's box. I have seen that stuff cause guns to jump out of holsters, fall off of tables and various other maladies.

I just need to make sure I aint around when he opens that kan of hoodoo on his posse.

TT, I ain’t got no hoodoo! I’m only bringing some gris gris...but it’s sho nuff good stuff...a little dab’ll “do” ya! :o

Kajun

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the end of the day everything will be ready for the best one day annual match in the southeast. Tomorrow show up with all the trash talk, voodoo dust, chickel legs, and 3x5 cards :D. ( Don't forget your guns snd ammo.) Plan on having  a good time shooting with the friendliest shooters at one of the best venues in the southeast.  Don't forget the cowboy yard sale and vendors.  BBQ lunch topped off with ice cream. See you there.

Where can I find the "chickel legs?"

34 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

By the end of the day everything will be ready for the best one day annual match in the southeast. Tomorrow show up with all the trash talk, voodoo dust, chickel legs, and 3x5 cards :D. ( Don't forget your guns snd ammo.) Plan on having  a good time shooting with the friendliest shooters at one of the best venues in the southeast.  Don't forget the cowboy yard sale and vendors.  BBQ lunch topped off with ice cream. See you there.

57 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

Ice cream! 

Young Shooters ONLY:

SLater and I will be giving a free 'Soft Stroke' mod to a lucky YOUNG shooter also.

Exactly how young will be determined by the Match Officials.

NO, not a rifle..... but the complete Soft Stroke modifications, which includes Slaters trigger work.

PLUS..... along with this will be a brick of CCI .22 Blazer ammo  (500 rounds).

..........Widder

22 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Young Shooters ONLY:

SLater and I will be giving a free 'Soft Stroke' mod to a lucky YOUNG shooter also.

NO, not a rifle..... but the complete Soft Stroke modifications, which includes Slaters trigger work.

..........Widder

Oooh! Nice! Maybe I wont sick Roho on you.

27 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Young Shooters ONLY:

..........Widder

Ya know, maybe ole Purly'll jump in there with you on that very generous offer from you and Slater and throw in a couple of chickel legs and a box of snd ammo.  Is this gonna be a great match or what! :P

Kajun

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Oooh! Nice! Maybe I wont sick Roho on you.

TN, 

sorri Pard, you won't be eligible for this gift.   Young shooters only.

If the Young shooter doesn't own a Henry .22 lever, OR if they already have a Soft Stroke Henry,

they can keep the ammo and give the free mod to another YOUNG shooter.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Ya know, maybe ole Purly'll jump in there with you on that very generous offer from you and Slater and throw in a couple of chickel legs and a box of snd ammo.  Is this gonna be a great match or what! :P

Kajun

Hey Krazy,

This will be a designated YOUNG shooter door prize.   If you have anything like .22 ammo, etc..... that

would enhance the door prizes for our YOUNG shooters, don't be shy.   Bring it.

I'm sure one of our YOUNG shooters would appreciate your kindness..... ;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN, 

If the Young shooter doesn't own a Henry .22 lever, OR if they already have a Soft Stroke Henry,

..........Widder

Roho is back on the table.

I guess Ill bring some 22 ammo for a young shooter that DOESN'T win your ammo. They can win mine. Be better than your'n anyway.

5 hours ago, Ringer said:

Is it anywhere near the "snd ammo?"

6 hours ago, Ringer said:

Where can I find the "chickel legs?"

I'll have them waiting on you tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Kajun

Hey, I'm in on this. 

8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN, 

..........Widder

Hey Widder, young is a relative term, I'm young compared to Blue Boy ( who turned 100 on July 4th).

Randy

44 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Hey Widder, young is a relative term, I'm young compared to Blue Boy ( who turned 100 on July 4th).

Randy

Randy,    Slater and I are giving the gift...... but we are leaving it up to the Match organizers to determine

the qualifying age for those eligible.    We want to make sure our young shooters ain't overlooked.

..........Widder

27 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Randy,    Slater and I are giving the gift...... but we are leaving it up to the Match organizers to determine

the qualifying age for those eligible.    We want to make sure our young shooters ain't overlooked.

..........Widder

Widder, what about short older shooters, they get overlooked all the time! Will you be awarding one of those lucky people a saw to shorten their rifle stock! :lol:

Kajun

21 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Widder, what about short older shooters, they get overlooked all the time! Will you be awarding one of those lucky people a saw to shorten their rifle stock! :lol:

Kajun

Sounds like you spilt some VooDoo dust on you when you were a kid..... :lol:

When you shorten your stock, you extend your target distance... ;)

Sorri..... no 'saw' gift this time.   Maybe next year.

..........Widder

On 8/30/2019 at 8:11 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Hey Widder, when I was in line for grub a fellow came by and asked a young feller how old he was. The young feller told him 14, I told him I was 14 also. I just had 52 years experience . That didn't work either. That was a nice thing you and Slater did, giving that away.

Randy

10 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Hey Widder, when I was in line for grub a fellow came by and asked a young feller how old he was. The young feller told him 14, I told him I was 14 also. I just had 52 years experience . That didn't work either. That was a nice thing you and Slater did, giving that away.

Randy

Thanks Randy..... but the nicer gift was the little girl who won it already had one and gave it to another

young shooter.    To me, that was the so gracious and kind of her.  Now, Slater and I will have another

young shooter to modify their Henry .22

Great shooting with you.   I think WE are gonna try to be at Wartrace this coming Saturday.

Lets hope for good weather.

..........Widder

11 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thanks Randy..... but the nicer gift was the little girl who won it already had one and gave it to another

young shooter.    To me, that was the so gracious and kind of her.  Now, Slater and I will have another

young shooter to modify their Henry .22

Great shooting with you.   I think WE are gonna try to be at Wartrace this coming Saturday.

Lets hope for good weather.

..........Widder

That was my little girl! Her alias is Lethal Lizzie, though she hasn’t shot a match yet.

We already have a Widder/Slater Henry, it made more sense to pass that along to another young shooter. 

It was nice of you two to do that and to donate the brick of 22s which we gratefully kept!

Thanks for Posting the info, Capt.

I didn't realize all the details until after ALL the ceremonies were over when someone told me

about it.    I'm glad she kept the ammo.    It should help with some good practice.

Great shooting with you again yesterday.   Lots of fun..... even when the train runs off the tracks... :D

I must be going thru 'Cowboy Adversity Training'.     Hopefully, I will complete the courses before

the State match..... ;)

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thanks for Posting the info, Capt.

I didn't realize all the details until after ALL the ceremonies were over when someone told me

about it.    I'm glad she kept the ammo.    It should help with some good practice.

Great shooting with you again yesterday.   Lots of fun..... even when the train runs off the tracks... :D

I must be going thru 'Cowboy Adversity Training'.     Hopefully, I will complete the courses before

the State match..... ;)

..........Widder

It was fun shooting together. I loved the ‘trick’ stage. For anyone interested, here it is. Two soda cans, two axe blades with two balloons, two playing cards edge on, and two tubes that lead to balloons. 

Fun Match! Really enjoyed everyone on Posse 2. And, Purly got him some payback for last year by beating me this year.

Always, Purly! You're the only Elder Statesman I don't mind losing to (almost). Oops. I think my nose just got a little longer.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You did a good job 'cat herding' Posse 2, Purly.

Weather permitting, looks like Slater and I will take the 'road show' to Wartrace on Saturday.

..........Widder

I'm leaving the gimmicks at home this weekend. We'll see if that helps...

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

I'm leaving the gimmicks at home this weekend. We'll see if that helps...

I saw chicken feet,  voodoo dolls, and some kind of purplish dust in the air. On one stage when i went to my cart to get my guns there was a voodoo doll stuffed in the barrel of my shotgun and a chicken foot hanging onto my rifle.

Archived