SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee Mountain Mauraders annual Boomtown Roundup

Purly SASS # 57438

I think I bring A LOT of people good luck when they shoot with me..... ;)

Problem is, they don't bring me good luck..... :lol:

Maybe they'll team us up together again next weekend.   

Keep em smoking!

..........Widder

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I think I bring A LOT of people good luck when they shoot with me..... ;)

Problem is, they don't bring me good luck..... :lol:

Maybe they'll team us up together again next weekend.   

Keep em smoking!

..........Widder

Widder, I think they do bring good luck to you. Just imagine the shape you'd be in if they didn't!

18 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Widder, I think they do bring good luck to you. Just imagine the shape you'd be in if they didn't!

You're a wise man.

I bet you own a weedeater!  :lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

Almost there.  

There was a small earthquake reported in east Tennessee this morning. They said the epicenter was at Widders house. He was opening up some fan mail from the Widdermaniacs and got to thinking about you and him meeting up this weekend. Apparently he was shaking in his boots.

My wife said..... "What are you doing"

I said:  "I'm shakin in my boots cause of Boomtown (also known as Purlytown) is this weekend".

She said:  "Well stop shaking so close to me, you dirty ole man...... AND take em darn boots off".

True story.   Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

Howdy Barkeep.

I'm game!     

CAPT BB:   here is the story of The Paddle.

A small group of us at Cleveland a couple years back noticed that most of the time, we were

competitive with one another.   The group consisted of Ziggy, Purly, Red, Slater, ME,  and a few others.

ANYHOW, whoever finished last within our small group would have to carry the paddle to future

matches until they no longer finished last within our group.

I don't remember the full significance of The Paddle, but I think Barkeep can share it.

I honestly don't know what happened to 'The Paddle' or who got it last.

Maybe Purly has it..... :lol:

..........Widder

Captain Bill, you have to carry the paddle with you every where you shoot until you can get rid of it.  I don't know who ended up with the paddle. Maybe Widder has it, who knows. Maybe Tennessee Williams traded Widder a weed eater for it, who knows.

Sorry boys but I ain’t going to make it.

I’m in Oregon visiting with my grands. 

Shot a couple of matches since I got here last week and going to shoot again the next couple weeks your sure and try to hold my own against some of this stiff competition out here against some the Oregonians and  Washington State pards too. 

I hope y’all have a real good shoot and have a blast doing it!

I believe my friend Purly had the paddle last... or maybe it was Widder??

Red,  retirement is a good thing. Shoot well out there.  Sure wish you was shooting here Saturday.  I need some back up with this crowd.  I don't have the paddle. 

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Barkeep.

I'm game!     

CAPT BB:   here is the story of The Paddle.

A small group of us at Cleveland a couple years back noticed that most of the time, we were

competitive with one another.   The group consisted of Ziggy, Purly, Red, Slater, ME,  and a few others.

ANYHOW, whoever finished last within our small group would have to carry the paddle to future

matches until they no longer finished last within our group.

I don't remember the full significance of The Paddle, but I think Barkeep can share it.

I honestly don't know what happened to 'The Paddle' or who got it last.

Maybe Purly has it..... :lol:

..........Widder

That’s an illustrious group! I might not fit in there; I would probably be the eternal paddler!

Capt,

at the time some of us agreed to 'The Paddle' posse, we were closely competitive on most

any Saturday.    I don't recall anyone having the paddle more than a couple of matches before

awarding it to another Paddle Posse member.

I wish I could recall everyones name but for the most part, it was:

Purly, Red, Slater, Ziggy, Barkeep, ME.... and maybe a  couple of others.

As it is right now, we are still competitive with one another 'most' of the time, except

when Purly or Slater gets on a roll, they really roll..... if you know what I mean.

Barkeep might try to find the paddle or get a new one.   If so, membership is free.....

and voluntary.    Sooooooooo, if ya got the guts, go for the glory!   :D

..........Widder

The "Paddle of Shame" mysteriously disappeared one day and nobody seems to remember who had earned it last. I personally believe Red burned it but I have no way to back up that statement lol. But it was fun while it lasted! It might be time for a new paddle and a new group of paddlers though. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

The "Paddle of Shame" mysteriously disappeared one day and nobody seems to remember who had earned it last. I personally believe Red burned it but I have no way to back up that statement lol. But it was fun while it lasted! It might be time for a new paddle and a new group of paddlers though. :ph34r:

Barkeep,  I agree........ it must be Red who burnt it.

:D = A man who can smile when things go wrong,

has thought of someone to blame it on.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Barkeep,  I agree........ it must be Red who burnt it.

:D = A man who can smile when things go wrong,

has thought of someone to blame it on.

..........Widder

And I’m sure Barkeep is smiling real big bout now.

You know the “guilty dog usually barks first” 

I earned the paddle twice both times shooting BP against heathen smokeless shooters. But I promise you I didn't burn the paddle that I had paid for, that would be like deciding to light a cigar with a $20.00 bill. Makes no sense. Maybe it was Purly...........

Range prep is starting today. Mowing, weed eating, and general clean up. Thursday get stage 6 ready. Place fans on stages, Friday set targets, paint, and last minute details. If you have any spare time come on out.

11 hours ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I'm bringing some fans for you fast shotgun shooters. You can use them to cool down your guns.

EDIT:  All ya gotta do is stick some 3x5 note cards on TN Williams  lips, and everybody around will stay cool... :lol::lol:

PURLY:  I typed the previous comment while talking to TN on the phone, and my mind

put your comment as though it was from TN.   

And while talking with him, I typed it out and it came out in the wrong person..... oops.

Anyhow, TN can back this story up.   

Sorri Pard.

..........Widder

Roho..... :o,   Oh No!

Roho is to HooDoo as Rodan, Mothra and Godzilla is to Japanese monsters.

Well, all I can say is that I hope by best friend, TN Williams, has a great match..... :D

TN:  is this Great Granny's 'HooDoo' dust recipe?    The one that uses only dried Southern

pigeon toed chicken feet?

..........Widder

Widder... I’ma thunkin that hoodoo dust is made, in part, by grinding the bodies of hair lipped black widow spiders! You missing any of your kin? :ph34r:

Kajun

21 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Widder... I’ma thunkin that hoodoo dust is made, in part, by grinding the bodies of hair lipped black widow spiders! You missing any of your kin? :ph34r:

Kajun

Another "Unsolved Mystery" has been solved.   Thanks KK.

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

Heck, with TN Williams and his 'Hoodoo' dust formula, I'm looking forward to seeing just about

anyone on Saturday..... :lol::o

..........Widder

The problem with KK's Hoodoo dust is that he has not control over it after he opens that Pandora's box. I have seen that stuff cause guns to jump out of holsters, fall off of tables and various other maladies.

I just need to make sure I aint around when he opens that kan of hoodoo on his posse.

Archived