SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee Mountain Mauraders annual Boomtown Roundup

Purly SASS # 57438

10 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

It'll be fun watching to see who opens up a can and who trips and falls in it.

Whatever happens in the match, the ice cream will make it better.

Randy

Randy, you want to bet yer ice cream on who atleast ONE feller is that's gonna trip and fall in it?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purly, I hope to give you a run for it. But, I haven't been able to practice. And, my foot hurts. My rifle's been acting up. I think I may have a cold coming on. And, I'm distracted because I think one of my pets may be sick. There's some other stuff going on too that could hurt my time, but I'll have to check my checklist to remember what they are.

Max,

You could show up in a wheel chair, with cotton patches taped over yer eyeballs and The Purly Man

will show NO MERCY!

He's relentless.   He has the fight and determination of a Klingon.

He has the conscience of a Vulcan.

And he has the stamina of a Borg.

When HE says its gonna be a Barn Burner, its because he is planning to light up BOTH afterburners

and put a whooping on everybody.   He's just that way.

Looking forward to seeing you and Ophelia at Boomtown.

..........Widder

42 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Purly, I hope to give you a run for it. But, I haven't been able to practice. And, my foot hurts. My rifle's been acting up. I think I may have a cold coming on. And, I'm distracted because I think one of my pets may be sick. There's some other stuff going on too that could hurt my time, but I'll have to check my checklist to remember what they are.

Don't know about you but it's an hour and 45 minutes to the range for me. That gives me plenty time to get my excuses in order. I can think up some pretty good ones. Widder and Purly aint no slouch either. They'll run a 14 second stage and I'll ask what took em so long. They wont skip a beat and tell me that dang rabbit wouldn't get out of their way.

4 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Don't know about you but it's an hour and 45 minutes to the range for me. That gives me plenty time to get my excuses in order. I can think up some pretty good ones. Widder and Purly aint no slouch either. They'll run a 14 second stage and I'll ask what took em so long. They wont skip a beat and tell me that dang rabbit wouldn't get out of their way.

It was a pregnant rabbit.   And Purly saw it also.

But did we get a bonus for allowing it to go bye........ NOOOOooooooooooooooo !

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Cherokee sgt. said:

Purly 

how many you think is signed up for this match (full?)

Dew R Dye &  I thinking on it 

Cherokee come on.  We will always have room for you and your crew.

10 hours ago, Cherokee sgt. said:

Purly 

how many you think is signed up for this match (full?)

Dew R Dye &  I thinking on it 

We are at almost 80 signed up and more than 10 more saying they're coming but dragging their feet.:D

Come on down.

Boom Town 2019.pdf

18 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It was a pregnant rabbit.   And Purly saw it also.

But did we get a bonus for allowing it to go bye........ NOOOOooooooooooooooo !

..........Widder

Having good excuses ready when you need them is one of the most important skills that must be mastered for CAS. I believe Longhunter did a DVD training disc devoted entirely to this subject, & I think it was about 5 hours long. Transitions is a distant 2nd in order of priority. Hitting the targets is in the lineup somewhere, but I forget where.

Purly, got a spot for another old Gunfighter?  Turns out I have be in the Cohutta area next Friday so thought I’d come join the fun. Looks like some great friends are already signed up. I’ll mail my app and check tomorrow if it’s not too late.  Cass

WHEW............ Cassalong.   We need to shoot together.

Look forward to seeing you, my friend.

p.s. - When you grow old and sitting around the camp fire, you can tell your friends

that you were at Boomtown 2019 when The Purly Man took a whoopin from a bunch of GFer's.

:D

..........Widder

49 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

WHEW............ Cassalong.   We need to shoot together.

Look forward to seeing you, my friend.

p.s. - When you grow old and sitting around the camp fire, you can tell your friends

that you were at Boomtown 2019 when The Purly Man took a whoopin from a bunch of GFer's.

:D

..........Widder

Now Widder, don't be selling ole Purly Man out yet, he might persuade the match director to change a few of those stages to split pistol and then make sure those SG targets are spaced REAL close together so's them SxS shooters git them short splits as opposed to them 3 SG minimum 97 shooters.  Now I ain't saying who shootin wut but you git the idear.  Ole Purly is a wiley one.  :D

....and and and we'll have us a black pin lawyer to interpret those pesky rules, let's just hope he don't grade on a lawyer's curve system. Oh, and I'm brangin' sumpthin' special wid meowndangself.  This Boomtown oughta be another goodern.

Kajun

Capt.  Bill,

You and I both know there ain't nothin South of the Mason-Dixon and East of the Mississippi

worse than CoonAss VooDoo Dust (CAVDD).

BUT, I've been told that Krazy is a 'WIddermaniac' and therefore he has agreed to

spare the dust to all the WIddermaniacs.    I guess that means TN Williams is gonna be

spared..... ;)

POOR PURLY MAN!  :lol:;)

..........Widder

16 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Yadda yadda some other stuff.....

BUT, I've been told that Krazy is a 'WIddermaniac'

Yadda yadda some other stuff

There ya go Widder, I fixed it fer ya! :lol:

Kajun

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Capt.  Bill,

You and I both know there ain't nothin South of the Mason-Dixon and East of the Mississippi

BUT, I've been told that Krazy is a 'WIddermaniac' and therefore he has agreed to

spare the dust to all the WIddermaniacs.    I guess that means TN Williams is gonna be

spared..... ;)

..........Widder

That Voodoo don't scare me none. I aint superstitious. My rabbit's foot and spittin' in my pee stream protects me from all that anyhow. Now that hillbilly Hoodoo is real. My Granny on my Mommas side was indian. Feather, not dot. She was meaner'n a rattlesnake with a toothache and tougher'n my wifes' pork chops. You didn't want to see her rub 2 flat rocks together and spit under one of them, I'll tell ya that. Out of her and Grandpap, she was the mean one alright. And Grandpap held the travelling preacher down and cut his hand off for knockin on the door when he was told not to(thats true actually).

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

That Voodoo don't scare me none. I aint superstitious. My rabbit's foot and spittin' in my pee stream protects me from all that anyhow. Now that hillbilly Hoodoo is real. My Granny on my Mommas side was indian. Feather, not dot. She was meaner'n a rattlesnake with a toothache and tougher'n my wifes' pork chops. You didn't want to see her rub 2 flat rocks together and spit under one of them, I'll tell ya that. Out of her and Grandpap, she was the mean one alright. And Grandpap held the travelling preacher down and cut his hand off for knockin on the door when he was told not to(thats true actually).

I would be careful TW.  I've heard the Kajun goes to Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo down in the French Quarter to get his evil stuff.  Then he takes it to the St. Louis Cemetery where she's buried and performs evil rites over her grave to consecrate it.

You really need a gris gris bag to protect you from that sort of thing.  Luckily I happen to have several.  Anyone worried about a Kajun hex just let me know and I'm sure we can come to a reasonable deal.  Just remember, if you look in the gris gris bag to see what's in it, the protection is ruined.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I would be careful TW.  I've heard the Kajun goes to Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo down in the French Quarter to get his evil stuff.  Then he takes it to the St. Louis Cemetery where she's buried and performs evil rites over her grave to consecrate it.

You really need a gris gris bag to protect you from that sort of thing.  Luckily I happen to have several.  Anyone worried about a Kajun hex just let me know and I'm sure we can come to a reasonable deal.  Just remember, if you look in the gris gris bag to see what's in it, the protection is ruined.

I knew a couple Sailors who got some 'evil stuff' at Marie Laveau's house.

The Doc in medic gave em a shot and some cream to rub on and that evil stuff went away in

a few days.   

Ya know, come to think of it, the Doc pulled that cream out of a gris-gris bag.   :o

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Ringer said:

Well, I was gonna try and get the boss to come home early from Fla for this but yous guys are starting to worry me off.

Ringer,

coming to this match will show the true measure of a man and how much he wants some

GOOOOOOOOOD Ice Cream..... :D

Surely you ain't gonna run and hide from some good Ice Cream..... ;)

Besides, I figured you would be bringing most of the whoopins..... :lol:

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

2ade50b6ff9934ad2e3e1e4af737bd46.jpg

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Capt.  Bill,

spared..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder does Slater still have his "good luck charm" on his cart? Better yet, has he figured out what it is?

raccoon-bone-vertical.gif

13 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Widder does Slater still have his "good luck charm" on his cart? Better yet, has he figured out what it is?

raccoon-bone-vertical.gif

That favors a raccoon penis bone. 

The last time I saw all this voodoo in action was , I think at a Ga match. Holes in table, dropped guns. Koda Joe had something wierd hanging on his cart that worked in reverse for him. Hummm, 

2 hours ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

The last time I saw all this voodoo in action was , I think at a Ga match. Holes in table, dropped guns. Koda Joe had something wierd hanging on his cart that worked in reverse for him. Hummm, 

Yep, Purly Ol coonie did'nt git all dat ju ju dust cleaned off'n himself at BG and Al. state last year either, he shoulda tied hisself some bungee cords to his pistolas.Ya'll dont under estimate dat Krazy Kajun and his mysterious powers.Dont know iff'n he stills carries it wif him or not but he had hisself a big chicken wif nuggets he carried to ward off evil spirits at one time that he got in Texas some years back.:o:lol:May have ta throw my war bag on the stage wif Sawyer and ride on up.This'n is get'n mighty interesting.:D

Here ya go Widder, I found ya a 97 that garontee you won't have no SG make ups.  You're shore to put a hurtin' on your competition with this one! :lol:

Kajun

image.png

Less than a week til shoot time. If you are thinking about shooting Tennessee Mountain Mauraders 2nd annual Boomtown match let us know, if you haven't registered yet.  We have to order the Cadillacs soon.

PURLY MAN,

After my yesterdeeeeeee,  I don't even deserve a 'caddy', much less a Cadillac..... :lol:

I got to observe Capt. Bill Burt burn down 5 stages and make it look easy-peezy.

He was CLEAN and on the money all day.    Congrats to Capt.

And the Mrs Capt (Shootin Sharin) was shooting good also.

And for those who know ApplaLucy, she also shot a CLEAN match.  Congrats to her.

Boomtown is gonna be a GudUrn!

..........Widder

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

PURLY MAN,

After my yesterdeeeeeee,  I don't even deserve a 'caddy', much less a Cadillac..... :lol:

I got to observe Capt. Bill Burt burn down 5 stages and make it look easy-peezy.

He was CLEAN and on the money all day.    Congrats to Capt.

And the Mrs Capt (Shootin Sharin) was shooting good also.

And for those who know ApplaLucy, she also shot a CLEAN match.  Congrats to her.

Boomtown is gonna be a GudUrn!

..........Widder

I have to mark yesterday down as one to remember. After almost nine years in the game I had a perfect match. No misses, makeups, bobbles, stumbles, nothing. I shot every stage right at the limit of what I can do with zero issues.

I think you may have brought me good luck Widder, we need to posse together more often!

Archived