SASS Wire Forum

Hope you aren't in a hurry!

A good lawyer would prove the hydrant 3 blocks down the street was just as accessible..... :lol:

TWO good lawyers could prove the fire had already consumed its source and therefore, 

running a hose was unnecessary..... :lol::lol:

THREE good lawyers could prove there NEVER WAS a fire..... :lol::lol: :lol:

..........Widder

Depended on where the fire was at in Peoria. If it was at the Hiram Walker plant, they definitely would NOT have let it burn itself out!  Only place I can remember where, depending on the direction of the wind, you could get drunk by inhaling, or, if the wind was from the stock yards... BLAHHH! :o:rolleyes:

I have no sympathy for this guy but in this case it appears they actually wasted time doing this since there is a clear path away from the vehicle going where the hose is headed.  Hopefully it wasn’t too much of an emergency.  

Seamus

m

22 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

I have no sympathy for this guy but in this case it appears they actually wasted time doing this since there is a clear path away from the vehicle going where the hose is headed.  Hopefully it wasn’t too much of an emergency.  

Seamus

most plugs have two different sized openings.  the fire dept hooked into the larger of the two in the pic.  That was our SOP too.

then there was a time the homeowner grew a bush that kept us from getting to the plug.  Fire axes have many uses

I actually witnessed something just like this in Chicago back in 79. Guy parked a Mercedes next to a hydrant. A fire alarm went off in a building nearby. The Fire Dept showed up with 3 trucks and promptly knocked out the car’s windows and the firemen ran a hose through the car.

Funny thing is, I never saw smoke or fire. 

I did see a whining guy in a suit get a ticket when he showed up yelling about his car. Once the firemen were done a tow truck took the guy’s car.

One of the reasons I always picked seats near the front windows in Chicago bars. Fun stuff. :D

Archived