SASS Wire Forum

Amish Loading Strips Recommendation

Cholla

I just made another purchase from an Amish saddle maker here in Indiana. I have a shotgun belt, holsters, and gun belt made by him. I also bought the 20-cartridge loading strips. I just commissioned him to make a pair of wooley bison chaps from a bison hide a bought off this forum.

Many of the shooting members at Pine Ridge Regulators commission items from him.

I bring this up because he sells the shooting strips for $18 a piece, which seems to be a screaming deal. 

The kicker is he is Amish so he doesn't have a website. His FB page is for directions and phone number only. He returns calls when he can and he is so busy it takes 6-8 weeks for an order to be completed. He also doesn't take a CC or debit card. So if you decide to order something it will require walking in face to face with cash or mailing him a money order. He will take orders over the phone and will ship. I asked him if I could post his info here and he said he would like the business.

If you do make a visit notice the pneumatic ceiling fans in his massive leather shop.

I am getting nothing out of this but the pleasure of helping an excellent craftsman and passing on savings to SASS members.

Judson Harness & Saddlery

Chris Herschberger

4851 E. 350 N

Rockville, IN 47872

765-569-0918

M-F 7:30am - 5pm EST

Sat 7:30am - 3pm EST

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

Would you mind posting pics of the shotgun belt and holsters? Thanks-SCJ

As per your request... The shotgun belt is NCOWS compliant and since I have gained a "little" weight I added a temporary strip of leather to make it longer.

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

Archived