SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne's bracelet

Rye Miles #13621

I always wondered what the bracelet was that the Duke wore in many of his movies. I googled it and found this (actually I used Duck Duck Go instead of google)

https://www.answers.com/Q/Why_did_John_Wayne_wear_a_bracelet_on_his_wrist_in_the_movie_the_Train_robbers

Yes, we need a term for DuckDuckGo.

Thanks for the link. I wondered about that bracelet before but had forgotten about it.

Never knew its origin.

Thank you for that.

Long knew he was a man of honor, a man worthy of respect ... that the 'Yards gifted him with it speaks powerfully of his true nature!

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, we need a term for DuckDuckGo.

I'd wondered about that too.  Somehow I don't think saying "I ducked it up!" has a good ring to it! :lol:

Never saw a silver one. The Yards were not wealthy and always made them out of brass as far as I know. They were presented in a ceremony to SF men and some other advisors during the war.

I can’t see paying for and wearing one you didn’t earn but I have donated to the STMP foundation. We abandoned them.

He also wore a bracelet in Red River, long, long before the Green Beret film. When he kills the Indian in the night ambush, he's wearing the bracelet, and Wayne takes it back. That's how he knows his gal had been killed in the wagon train attack. Later he gives it to Matt his adopted stepson.

JW must have had a thing for wrist jewelry.

Archived