SASS Wire Forum

WTB Firing Pin

Wild Willi

21 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

I know this is a long shot how ever does any have a firing Pin for Colt Single Action Army Revolver  clone called  the Dakota  made in Switzerland by Hammerli,.  I tried to use a firing pin from Italy but it is about 3/32 too short

Look at this thread ... Try VTI ... (they are pretty responsive if you ask them a question) ...

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/245042-armi-jager-dakota-45/

Pete Thanks I saw that thread in my search before I posted and read Sack Petersons article.  My gun is made is Switzerland by Hammerli  They now make Walthre it seems.  I have contacted them but no response yet.  I think the guy in the thread is having the same problem though.  Some one replaced the firing pin with a Colt clone.  They are too short I doubt mine will fire as is. I ma sure it could be made but where I am no one will want to spend the time to do it. Seems smiths here put on optics and bore sight.  We have one guy who can do work and he is a 3 month wait at least.

For a number of years a good friend of mine ran a good old fashioned machine shop. he had all manual machines and made any number of pieces for machines, cars and guns for a price based on time per hour spent. Many people just mailed him a part or dimensions to duplicate. Although he sold his shop I showed him a colt firing pin and he told me it would be a 75 dollar item made out of hardened steel. 

He said you need to find a shop like that and either proper dimensions or a good cow poke who would loan you one. 

It's a thought

Archived