SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch Mag Pads

Howlin' Wolf

These are our new mag pads that are used to be placed on the bottom of magazines to help minimize bruising for wild bunch shooters! Currently they are a call in order (1-800-497-3166) but be watching for them to pop up on our shopping cart! They are available in packs of 10 for $9.95

8876DE42-7CE7-47C5-BBE7-10F0E4913813.jpeg

353F5ED0-8D37-4341-BFC1-BBC6959B6DC9.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

Can you explain how these work?  I thought magazine base pads were not allowed in WB.

Totes

Rule changed at EOT

I’m working on getting the official measurements. Basically it cannot be longer than the base of the mag and no more than 1/4 in thick 

New rule concerning Magazine Base Pads  effective 27 June 2019

A pad may be added to the base of magazines as long as it conforms to the following requirements:
#1. It is made of natural leather material only.
#2. It is no larger than the contour of the base of the magazine.
#3. The total thickness of the base pad may not extend more than 1/4" beyond the original base plate.

13 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

New rule concerning Magazine Base Pads  effective 27 June 2019

A pad may be added to the base of magazines as long as it conforms to the following requirements:
#1. It is made of natural leather material only.
#2. It is no larger than the contour of the base of the magazine.
#3. The total thickness of the base pad may not extend more than 1/4" beyond the original base plate.

Thanks I was looking for this 

34 minutes ago, Howlin' Wolf said:

I’m working on getting the official measurements. Basically it cannot be longer than the base of the mag and no more than 1/4 in thick 

How do your pads attach to the magazine?  

12 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

How do your pads attach to the magazine?  

We don’t provide the glue for hazmat reasons. Barge contact cement or gorilla snot will work.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Red Eye Jim said:

Howlin',

Are they available in all your leather colors?

I checked for available leather dyes - there are many colors.  I'm considering sunshine yellow, oxblood red and turquoise.   I'll probably go with oxblood red.

I'd do purple myself.  Most of my range gear is purple at this point.  It started with a plastic ammo can I got from a clearance bin when I was looking for something to throw things in when going to a public range, and kinda morphed into my "signature" for my Non-SASS shooting activities...

Received my order and got a few installed.  After some testing, it looks like these will help prevent that dreaded magazine pinch on reloading.  My main purpose for buying these!

I will run'em in my next WB match.  Hopefully,  my band-aid budget will go down.

Totes

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Screws are legal but the 1/4 inch total still applies.

Blackfoot

On 9/1/2019 at 4:03 PM, Attica Jack #23953 said:

I picked up some of the magazine pads.  Lucky for me, my mags. are Shooting Stars and already have drilled holes for mounting base pads.  I had to remove the IPSIC type pads to shoot Wild Bunch.  All I had to do was to drill the pads and get shorter screws, kind of small I think #4.

20190901_165440.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 1:46 PM, Howlin' Wolf said:

We don’t provide the glue for hazmat reasons. Barge contact cement or gorilla snot will work.

Where's a gorilla when you need one??!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

DAP Contact cement is much less messy than Barges and available at most any hardware store. Dries faster and holds very well. I use it for most of my leather work.

Archived