SASS Wire Forum

Interesting gun shops in Tucson?

Saturday is my bday and what better way to spend one “window shopping” unless something hits my hot button!  

So I am thinking there are some that maybe more cowboy than modern and after a good breakfast take my wife with me looking. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. 

You should go visit Thunderstick Trading Company. The owners are dyed in the wool Cowboy shooters. In fact, Sandy (aka. Quicksand) is the president of “Bordertown” the Az state championship. It is a great shop. They carry everything the self respecting cowboy/girl needs except clothes.   Lots of stuff to drool over. 

1125 N Jefferson Ave
Tucson, AZ  85712
United States

9033FB38-E46D-4413-A267-1486D848B80A.jpeg

Thunderstick is my first choice, Murphy's has lots of cool stuff and something interesting every time I'm there and also like Frontier. Frontier is a small shop with lots of old stuff and a good variety of used guns.

7 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Hands down Thunderstick trading Co !

There big supporters of Sass and very knowledgeable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And u won't find a group of friendly people anywhere. 

Hells Comin 

OLD GUYS NEVER PROOF READ THEIR STUFF.

J.M.

47 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

It still reads the same today  maybe it's the oxycodone!;)

And u won't find a group of friendly people anywhere. 

I always thought that they were very friendly 

47 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

And u won't find a group of friendly people anywhere. 

I always thought that they were very friendly 

Wow!

Hopefully everyone knew what I really meant.

It's it write now ?

Thunderstick wasn't around when I lived in Tucson but I did frequent Murphy's quite a bit.  Great selection of used guns but I haven't been there in 10 years.

9 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

It still reads the same today  maybe it's the oxycodone!;)

Us older folks understand.  Johnny probably did until some younger person had some kind of grammar check and told him.....he IS in the older folk category ya know..

Drugs and guns, now that's my bag. ( Those who know me understand.)

NF....surely you are working in a trip to Tombstone on your birthday weekend.  Have a toast at Big Nose Kates.

Thunderstick has been open for business since 1995. They have seen all things SASS during that time!  And on top of that - they are very friendly people!

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

NF....surely you are working in a trip to Tombstone on your birthday weekend.  Have a toast at Big Nose Kates.

Wouldn't miss it - u know what they say about paybacks- I will be in his class by then! (ES).

Very nice people. Got there about 11, and the owners were there with another gentleman who said you must be Nimble Fingers. Lots of great pictures of local shooters on the wall. Unfortunately I had most of what the had already but saw a Ruger old army for $679 and a Pedersoli Flintlock rifle for $500!  So after some hemming and awing I pulled the trigger on the Flintlock because I have been wanting one to represent the American Revolution! And got a box of .44 special and .44-40 as we never have them on our SE FL coast. Really enjoyed talking to them about Bordertown and shooting in AZ. Very nice folks, if you are into .45LC or .38 it is the place to go!  Thanks again for the friendly welcome. 

Glad you enjoyed your visit. That’s a nice smoke pole you got!

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Drugs and guns, now that's my bag. ( Those who know me understand.)

Yep, the drug dealer - gun runner from Bogata (Bogoder)

Archived