SASS Wire Forum

Lee Bullet Feeder

Savvy Jack

Do any of you 44-40 guys use a Lee Bullet Feeder?

I have never used one but would like to attempt to get one working with the RCBS Green Machine. I don't need the "auto" rod connected. I can manipulate the latch manually each time for now. I am just curious if it will work with any die or does it have to be a Lee bullet seating die. Also, can it be used with lead bullets?

I use a Mr. Bullet feeder on my Dillon 650.  I load 44-40 molly coated bullets.  I use the Mr. Bullet feeder in .45 and my .428 bullets feed fine with it.  Lead bullets with lube tend to gum up the works so if you want to use the Mr. Bullet feeder you should go to molly coated bullets.

For any progressive press I would recommend just going with a Mr. Bulletfeeder bullet feed die right up front.  Nothing else works as well.  Then, get the bullets to it any way you want.  You can use any collator with it, or I suppose you could just put hand filled tubes on it.  But at least you'll spend the money only once on a feed die that actually works well. (been there done that)

As stated above, bullet feeder collators and dies aren't good with lubed lead bullets.  They gum up.  You'll need to use coated bullets.

I assume on the Green Machine you may just simply want to drop bullets in the top of the die because reaching in to put the bullets on the cases looks pretty tough.  Should work fine for that.  Just put a short tube on it and drop half a dozen bullets in so it works normally and put another one in each pull of the handle.

Archived