SASS Wire Forum

Full automatic reloading? Dillon 1050 + Mk 7 mod?

Mustang Gregg

I just love watching (but not paying for) one of these working.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrg-dP6L2Y8

It loads up empty cases faster than I could empty them.

Do any SASS cowboys have one of these in operation?

Mustang

I'll post another one too.

I wouldn't like the lack of control that I feel I would lose. Deuce showed Kaya and I a video of his running. Cheater! Lol. Way above my comfort zone

I've thought about a dedicated 1050 with a Mark Seven for reloading 5.56.  Price of the automation was more than the press.  Then I figured I would be kept busy loading the powder hopper, bullets, cases and primers tubes keeping the machine fed, so where is my time savings?

One piece of Amerc brass would jam up the whole works.  Then there is the occasional piece of 357 brass that gets into my 38 special collection.  Lets not forget the small rock that gets lodged inside a case and the occasional primer that gets turned sideways in the primer cup.  If I feel something is wrong, I stop and investigate.  I don't think the motor has that ability.

Yes the motor has the ability, called torque sense.  It's not really the motor but the software run on the tablet.  Im running a 1050 with the mark 7.  Love it.  Run normally about 1500 rph.  Rocks are also no problem.  I've also got the laser sensor to make sure the bullet is present, or not upside down.  If either, the system stops. Has a wonderful optical powder sense, primer de-cap sensor.  both will stop the marine if a failure is detected.  If you get a piece of 357 all the way through the stations, it will fail when it comes to crimping the bullet.  The laser will detect the wrong size case.  

It is expensive, but the time saved for me is well worth the price.  Funny in retirement my time is way more important to me.  The 1050 is dedicated to pistol ammo.  Ive got a 650 with a mark 7 for rifle and all my wild bunch ammo.

Cardboard Cowboy

5 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

Yes the motor has the ability, called torque sense.  It's not really the motor but the software run on the tablet.  Im running a 1050 with the mark 7.  Love it.  Run normally about 1500 rph.  Rocks are also no problem.  I've also got the laser sensor to make sure the bullet is present, or not upside down.  If either, the system stops. Has a wonderful optical powder sense, primer de-cap sensor.  both will stop the marine if a failure is detected.  If you get a piece of 357 all the way through the stations, it will fail when it comes to crimping the bullet.  The laser will detect the wrong size case.  

It is expensive, but the time saved for me is well worth the price.  Funny in retirement my time is way more important to me.  The 1050 is dedicated to pistol ammo.  Ive got a 650 with a mark 7 for rifle and all my wild bunch ammo.

Cardboard Cowboy

Good information. Thanks for sharing.  Did not realize the option to all the sensors.

Yep, nothing against those who go the automated route, but I timed myself, and I can easily load 700 rounds an hour on my 650, including sorting the brass, loading the primer tubes, everything.  That's plenty fast enough for me.  3 hours a month loads all we need.

Just went out and looked at the machine.  I was wrong on one item.  The motor also has the ability to sense problems.  Call a digital clutch.  All these sensors are adjustable to the sensitivity desired.  I have mine set really low, so it does stop on any problem detected, the torque sense will also sense a split case.  In that during the sizing portion, it is too easy.  It's nice as the sensor that fails is displayed on the tablet, so you know exactly where the problem is.  

5 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

Just went out and looked at the machine.  I was wrong on one item.  The motor also has the ability to sense problems.  Call a digital clutch.  All these sensors are adjustable to the sensitivity desired.  I have mine set really low, so it does stop on any problem detected, the torque sense will also sense a split case.  In that during the sizing portion, it is too easy.  It's nice as the sensor that fails is displayed on the tablet, so you know exactly where the problem is.  

I got you all beat! My automatic reloading system even has voice recognition. All I have to do is yell, "boys, we need more ammo loaded".

Except sometimes that doesn't work the first few tries... 

6 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

I got you all beat! My automatic reloading system even has voice recognition. All I have to do is yell, "boys, we need more ammo loaded".

Both my dishwashers work the same way, but no way I'm letting those two loose on my Dillon.  In fact they're not even allowed in the garage when my car is parked in there.

56 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Both my dishwashers work the same way, but no way I'm letting those two loose on my Dillon.  In fact they're not even allowed in the garage when my car is parked in there.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

You are missing the point of getting a Dillon. You gotta get your money's worth by using it to it's limits and taking advantage of free replacement parts. 

6 hours ago, Kingsley said:

Cardboard Cowboy

That system sounds waaaaay beyond my mental capacity.

6 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

My auto system broke down. So did my auto gun cleaning machine.:(

11 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

My auto system broke down. So did my auto gun cleaning machine.:(

She's got a boyfriend?

53 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Looking that way maybe...….

Going to pay for the wedding funds by selling the wife's car?

20 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Going to pay for the wedding funds by selling the wife's car?

If she has listened to anything I have ever said she wont be going there! Just get dogs Punkin! Just get dogs!

Maybe I’ll try one of them Go Fund Me accounts to get me one of these!! :lol: Actually it’s less than a Colt SAA!!!

On 7/30/2019 at 8:03 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

We have 1050’s with Ammobots at We The People Munitions. Automated loading is not for the faint of heart. Fun to watch. Very challenging to kerp running.

Fun to watch, yes, but I reckon I'm too faint of heart to run one.  I like being able to feel what is going on with my 650 as I run it.  Seating primers I can tell the headstamp of the brass more often than not just by the feel.  And loading just for me, the 650 is fast enough.

But more power to them what wants full automation.  Just gotta find a way to refill the primer tube, bullet feeder, and case feeder automatically.

14 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Not to mention, automating your Dillon 650 voids the lifetime warranty. Check Dillons website for info.

True.  The 1050 doesn't come with a life time warranty :)

Archived