SASS Wire Forum

Move or not to move

Wyatt

I won't.

Have had to ask someone to please move there guns so others can get to the table.

If I had to do it the 2nd time. It's not as nice. But have only had to do that once. And they

got the point that they was NOT the only person shooting that day after that.  

If they are delaying the match very much, kindly let the shooter know that they need to move their guns down.

They may have to be addressing some issue or they may just need a reminder to pay attention.

I would rather they not be moved but if a person behind me slides one of my long guns

a little without causing a 'bump', then I have no problem.

There are those occasions where your holster can push on your stock and cause

your long gun to pivot on the table without you being fully aware of it.  In those

instances,  I don't have a problem with someone correcting its position.   I surely

don't want MY guns bumping another shooters guns.

..........Widder

Never touch another man's guns or hat! (Or ladies too)

What if.......while moving somebody’s firearms you inadvertently move a hammer to the safety notch and nobody noticed till the shooter left the loading table 

10 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

What if.......while moving somebody’s firearms you inadvertently move a hammer to the safety notch and nobody noticed till the shooter left the loading table 

Answer to the OP is, no.  Above is a good reason why.

31 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

If they are my wife's, I may move them down the table.  Usually, ask others to move on down.

I WILL MOVE ammo boxes out of the way to the extreme end of the table.

Totes

I have. And will. move ammo boxes to the ground. Not knocked or thrown.

But placed. Maybe is they have to bend to pick them up a few times. They will not

leave them in the way for everyone else to deal with.

1 hour ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

I won't.

Have had to ask someone to please move there guns so others can get to the table.

If I had to do it the 2nd time. It's not as nice. But have only had to do that once. And they

got the point that they was NOT the only person shooting that day after that.  

Thankfully I've never had to do it a second time but ^this is my answer.  And I don't appreciate anyone else moving my guns without asking first. 

One exception is during a match where there's a lot of movement in the stage.  In that case I'm okay if one of the spotters or other posse members brings one or both of my longs guns to me on the way to the unloading table.  This speeds up the match for everybody.  It also saves wear and tear on my boots which are already taking a pounding just by being underneath me. :D

46 minutes ago, Boggus Deal #64218 said:

To the OP, I think it’s a bad idea to move someone’s guns. I only do it for a very select few people. I also hate when people leave ammo on the table. 

Ammo boxes spread all over the loading table is really annoying. Guess some people think they are are special!

I won't move someone's guns at the LT either.

I don't mind if someone respectfully moves my guns down the table if I'm not there. If I'm there I will move them myself and usually do without being asked. One thing I don't like is having someone bump their guns into mine especially if they are already up next to the person in front of me, the second time it happens they get slid back away. I don't intentionally touch someone elses guns and I expect the same from others.

kR

No.

Not even my good cowboy friend's guns.

At the loading table, the Zen begins and for someone else to be fiddling around with my/your firearms breaks that focus.

Does not bother me a bit if someone moves my guns. It’s part of my routine to visually inspect my gun before leaving the load and unload.  If I can’t trust the folks I’m shooting with to perform a very simple task then I’m not sure I want to be on the firing line with them. To each their own but some will jump at any chance to show the world how much of s curmudgeon they are. 

2 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Do you think it’s OK to move someone else’s firearms on the loading table?

No.

I really never leave my guns on the table unattended.

Only time would be as a PM when I had to attend to something that could not wait.

Other than that. I never leave them.

And for the most part. Very few do.

Don't place your Gun down on the Table, on top of mine !!!

The first time I will carefully remove it off Mine ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, next Time ....

Scratches from carelessly placed Guns ,,,,,,, Make Me Mad ....

Jabez Cowboy

We only want three shooters at a time at the LT.

Sometimes the shooters are so intently watching the shooter on the line, they forget to move their guns down to make room.

The some of the same shooters seem to get upset or object to someone disturbing them while they are getting in the "Zone" for their turn on the line. "Don't talk to me while I'm getting ready!"

So, what's the answer?

We move their stuff.

If the shooter don't like it, they're told to "Cowboy Up! You ain't the only one around here."

42 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

We only want three shooters at a time at the LT.

Sometimes the shooters are so intently watching the shooter on the line, they forget to move their guns down to make room.

The some of the same shooters seem to get upset or object to someone disturbing them while they are getting in the "Zone" for their turn on the line. "Don't talk to me while I'm getting ready!"

So, what's the answer?

We move their stuff.

If the shooter don't like it, they're told to "Cowboy Up! You ain't the only one around here."

Is that the clubs position or yours?

IMO, an attentive LTO should be making sure that the LT business gets done properly (safely), courteously, and expediently.   They are the one who should be asking folks to move up, or calling for more loaders if the table is empty.   Shooters should be able to concentrate on their loading and on the Stage and Course of Fire at that point.   If folks would just inform the LTO of need to leave the table, and get them to agree to watch guns, it would be a big step forward.   When there is no LTO and shooters are checking other shooters, that necessarily breaks down, which is why having a dedicated LTO is important. 

30 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

Is that the clubs position or yours?

The Posse Leaders

9 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Then you are a bad man. ;)

Happened to me last year.  What happened was a SDQ for me.  

I had forgotten to drop the hammer.  LTO thankfully mentioned it to me and WATCHED me lower it.  When I got to Position 1, the TO noticed it was fully cocked again.   Gremlins! 

3 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

And don't forget daughter. 

Well, that's just a shootin' waiting to happen.

if someone has left the table, and it's holding up the line, I will move them, carefully,,, never had any one complain,,  so there

most are embarrassed that they had to be moved,, or didn't notice,,,

Archived