SASS Wire Forum

Holsters and belt wanted

Fleagle

New kid on the block in here. Have a ruger vaquero 45 colt with 5 1/2 barrel. Planning on getting second one in a few months.  Need a right hand holster along with a  cross draw holster too.  My waist size is 36 so what size belt holster do I need.  Any one have something that will work you want to part with. Glad to have found you all.  Nice folks in here

You will get lots of offers and advice here . . . .   Get something inexpensive that works Ok for now.    You will be getting more ....  we all do that . . . :)

Cowboy "stuff" is addictive . . . . :excl:

You'll have FUN . . . . 

The link above for knights leather is actually Tombstone leather and is a great place to go for all your leather needs. Nick will take care of you. I love my rig and it will last longer than I do.

Texas Maverick

4 hours ago, Fleagle said:

My waist size is 36 so what size belt holster do I need.

With your cowboy clothes on wrap a belt around yourself and mark which hole it buckles in. Lay it out flat and measure its total length to that hole. Add one inch for when you have your holsters on the belt.  This is the distance you want to the center hole of a gun belt.

check out 123ruger on ebay. ive been using his holsters for 3 years now. very well made, heavy thick leather, strong stitching and they get the job done well and for the money you wont do better! ($75 for the pair)

https://www.ebay.com/str/lewisleatherholsters

• 1 month later...

Not a hard and fast rule , different builds will need different sizes , but generally your waist size plus 4 inches will work out for your holster belt.

That is measured from where the buckle attaches to the center hole on the billet end.

Hope this helps.

Rex :D

"A pant size has no bearing on the information we require to build your rig.  For example, if a man's pant size is 34, the hip measurement can be 39-41 inches."

Here's how to measure for a cowboy rig:

https://www.mernickleholsters.com/c/how-to-measure-/   That would be the measurement to center hole on the billet,  The actual belt will be longer total length.

Archived