SASS Wire Forum

Appalachian Showdown XXVIII The West Virginia State Championship September 20-22, 2019

Trooper Ozzy

The Single Action Shooting Society and CASS Inc.  Proudly Present

Appalachian Showdown XXVIII (2019)

Raffles/Door Prizes Include:

• Cowboy gun donated by Taylor's & Company
  • Custom pocket watch donated by Walker Colt 
  • Two "Cody-Matic" action jobs donated by The Cowboy Shop

Match Information

• PAY ONE PRICE!!  - Fees for the BBQ and all side matches (except Wild Bunch Mini Match) are included in the main match fee!

Friday

Registration, Wild Bunch Match & Side Matches

Wild Bunch:  Registration opens at 8am  - Shooting begins at 9am till 11am

Side Matches will run from 12:00am to 4pm.

Saturday

Final Registration is from 8:00am to 8:45am.  Opening ceremonies & safety meeting start at 9:00am.  All shooters must attend.

Main stages will begin directly following the opening ceremonies & safety meeting.  The Banquet will be onsite this year starting at 4PM.  Food provided by Mission BBQ.  Side match awards will be presented at the Banquet.

Sunday

Wrap up "Main match" stages  Awards ceremony will follow as soon as scores are tabulated.

Top-Gun shoot off will take place after the awards and everyone can participate.

AMMUNITION

You will need a minimum of 100 rounds of pistol ammo, 100 rounds of rifle ammo and 75 rounds of shotgun ammo for the main stages.  Bring more ammo if you plan to shoot the side matches and/or the Top-Gun Shoot Off.

http://www.wvcass.org/showdown/

FINALLY, a state level match that doesn't start on Friday!!  I can't make it this year due to building our house during that time, but I will make damn sure that I attend next year.  Good luck, Trooper Ozzy.

Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandgirls are about to move from California to northern Virginia later this year.  We can roll a visit with the Grands in with the match.  West Virginia has always been on my "must visit" list.

The Appalachian Showdown is a terrific shoot. We have been going for at least 10 years. The targets are hittable and the sweeps are not brain twisters. The view going to this range is spectacular especially with the fall foliage. 

If you shoot black powder this match can be challenging you will deal with light streaming through the canopy and decreasing target visibility. 

i'll be there!!! come out, camp with me and my best friends (rv parking is available) swim in the cacapon river, cook meat over the fire, help me drink up my beer, shoot and have fun!!!

i look forward to this shoot every year and wish i could do it twice a year!!!

This match has always been one of my favorites.  Unfortunately, it falls the weekend before Comin' AtCha, so we're going to miss it.

I went last year for the first time. One of my favorite matches ever. I will be there again this year. Great folks and a superb venue.

12 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

i'll be there!!! come out, camp with me and my best friends (rv parking is available) swim in the cacapon river, cook meat over the fire, help me drink up my beer, shoot and have fun!!!

i look forward to this shoot every year and wish i could do it twice a year!!!

Go to other state matches.

1 hour ago, Hooligan Howes said:

Go to other state matches.

i wish i could... i really wanted to do mason dixon stampede but with the new job, her new job and all of our vacations being so close this year, i just couldnt... might do winter range next year. will be doing the stampede and showdown next year for sure!

3 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I went last year for the first time. One of my favorite matches ever. I will be there again this year. Great folks and a superb venue.

if you've still got that 75 by then bring it... i may just have to take it off your hands and give it a new home

only 7 weeks to go!!!!

im sooo excited!!!! cant wait to see old friends from last year, swim in the river in the morning fog, eat meat kuz cooked over open fire, drink texas tommys beer and sleep under the stars!

oh and shoot of course lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived