SASS Wire Forum

Dick's "Sporting Goods"

Waxahachie Kid #17017 L

If any of you Pards are planning on going to Dick;s "Sporting Goods" stores to buy any firearms, ammunition, accessories, apparel, or anything associated with hunting, you are just flat out of luck.  I have a notice on my e-mail site that they are dropping anything to do with hunting, from their stores.  You can certainly read into that what you wish to, but there it is. 

I know, for myself, that eliminates completely any reason I have for going into that business, if indeed I had any to begin with.

So...F.Y.I.

My Two Bits.

W.K.

smoke and mirrors - the company is just trying to pander to their fan base

"Dicks" in most areas stopped "selling" evil equipment awhile back.. Most of the stores nationwide simply pushed their inventory to the back wall on the far side of the store and then hung a "Field and Stream" sign above the shelf that holds all of the evil sporting goods.  Dicks simply hides their stance behind the Field and Stream label because they assume that the hippies shopping at Dicks dont know the difference.

Beside - if they DO know the difference and still shop at dicks KNOWING that Dicks technically, DOES SELL GUNs under the mask of a subsidiary - then it just shows how shallow the garden variety limousine liberal really is.

For those of you that are unhappy with Dicks for being an anti-gun sporting goods store, I would suggest that you consider no longer support Field and Stream retailers either because the Field and Stream sporting goods people are Dicks

Just dont be confused

Field and Stream the magazine - are not Dicks - the magazine people support constitutional freedoms.   The ones that don't support your constitutional freedoms are just "Dick's"

I would gladly go to Academi or Gander and pay more simply because they aren't Dick's

On a weekly basis, I delete 50 plus emails from them.  They only want to discount overpriced sporting goods and once in awhile a discount on kayaks

I use a Dicks as an entrance to a mall I go to. I don’t buy anything there I just walk through. Anyway, as of last Friday they still had a bunch of rifles and ammo.

5 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

If any of you Pards are planning on going to Dick;s "Sporting Goods" stores to buy any firearms, ammunition, accessories, apparel, or anything associated with hunting, you are just flat out of luck.  I have a notice on my e-mail site that they are dropping anything to do with hunting, from their stores.  You can certainly read into that what you wish to, but there it is. 

I know, for myself, that eliminates completely any reason I have for going into that business, if indeed I had any to begin with.

So...F.Y.I.

My Two Bits.

W.K.

Does the name Sports Authority ring a bell?  They did the same thing and then since everything they sell was available on the internet there was no reason to go to the brick and mortar store!  The Ammo, the knives, and at the beginning the guns are what brought people into the store. Perhaps someone will wake Dick’s senior management up but I doubt it. And then we will have another sporting goods chain that will market to the shooters and hunters. 

When they blinked during the latest round of 2nd Amendment wars, I called them personally and tore up their credit/rewards card.

Have not stepped foot in them since.  Let them sell granola and unicorn flatulence.

What scares me is that after all this Dicks antigun stuff, their stock rose 14%. That might be the impitus for other retailers to follow suit. It does not make financial sense to give up a large amount of retail floor space and employer time doing NIC checks for such a low profit margin category.

17 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Just an FYI, but the firearm industry sucks right now.  Margins on new guns is even crappier than normal.

Perhaps they have better products to sell???

Phantom

I'd be fine with that...….but it's much deeper and left leaning than that. This came for the NRA website.

"First, the company announced it would stop selling most centerfire semi-automatic rifles at its stores, carry only limited capacity magazines for semi-automatic guns, and ban firearm sales to certain legally eligible adults. It then took the further step of declaring it would destroy its inventory of the newly-restricted firearms at company expense. And if that weren’t enough, the news also recently broke that the company had hired expensive D.C. lobbyists to push for gun control measures on Capitol Hill."

12 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I only go in the Dick's at the AV Mall to use their toilet

I do that too.

My wife says, "That's not right."

12 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I only go in the Dick's at the AV Mall to use their toilet........:lol:

Wonder if they get msg? ^_^

OLG

I do that that also, on the way out of the mall! I don't flush either!!:lol:

I remember two local sporting good chains here in New England.  Coleman and MVP.    If memory serves, Coleman became MVP or something like that.   Anyway, after many years of MVP selling guns quite well, they basically had a store within the store that had a good selection of new and used firearms of all types, they suddenly decided to get out of the gun business.  Less than 5 years later the chain ceased to be.

Has anyone noticed that since K Mart stopped selling guns that the sporting goods department, if not the whole store, has become a joke?   I hardly ever go there anymore.

The Cabelas in Berlin Mass won't sell used handguns.   Hardly ever visit the place.

I see a pattern here...

I've made only one purchase at Dick's.  Son called and they had gun safes on sale for a real good price.  Plus the son used his employee's discount.  Son was paying his way through college by working at Dick's (it was within walking distance from the college).

31 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

So they're turncoats AND liars... hmmmm.

Why are you involving the Democratic presidential hopefuls?

Hopefully I didn't open a can of worms. 

On 7/29/2019 at 1:39 PM, Chuck Steak said:

I would gladly go to Academi

I got some bad news for ya about academy.  Ever since the original owner died, they have been anti-gun.  They're actually a little better since the guy who inherited it sold it to a conglomerate.  But that just means they're not as politically active, they're still not friendly to the 2A. 

Archived