SASS Wire Forum

Concealed carry purses

Calico Mary

The shoulder strap on my concealed carry purse is starting to rip out, and it's time to invest in a new one....but I'm having the same issue I have every time I need a new one....

Ladies and fellas whose wives have one, can any of you recommend a place to order one that is:

A.  not hideously ugly

B.  doesn't have a ton of bling or some outrageous design that screams "look at me!"

C.  is REASONABLY priced

D.  all of the above

I would greatly prefer D....:unsure:

Saw some CW purses at a Cabela"s a while ago.  But I do not know much about purses except they are heavy and can hurt!      GW

Sorry, but I am not a fan of  purses to carry weapons. Purses seem to drift away with their contents for a variety of reasons.

If you are going to carry it, then wear it somewhere attached to you with a nice holster.

I am not a CCL instructor. Just someone who has seen a lot of bad things happen to good people.

Only want the best for my SASS pards.

LDD

Given ladies fashion a bofy carry isn't always practical.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with a purse carry if:

A. You carry it with a cross over shoulder strap so it can't be yanked away

B. You have enough training and situational awareness to not be caught by surprise

That said, I don't use one myself...  ;)

If I identified as a female, I'd say to check out the Galco purses.  Maybe kinda pricey, but solid looking.  Also, I believe the straps have wire rope inside to prevent snip-n-go snatching.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Given ladies fashion a bofy carry isn't always practical.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with a purse carry if:

A. You carry it with a cross over shoulder strap so it can't be yanked away

B. You have enough training and situational awareness to not be caught by surprise

That said, I don't use one myself...  ;)

Can't find one that complements your dresses?

Closest I ever came was a Model 60 S&W in my sporan.....many years ago.

1 minute ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Can't find one that complements your dresses?

Closest I ever came was a Model 60 S&W in my sporan.....many years ago.

Was that cold?

@Calico Mary:

My wife has been searching for a Concealed Carry purse herself.

Most of them at Cowboy related stores such as The Boot Barn were TOO gaudy.

Currently she is considering something from:

Gun Tote’n Mamas™

1585306051_GunTotenMamas.png.c0555246da4739ec89a8db9f8759b464.png

Here is their website, and best of luck.

https://www.gtmoriginal.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsvrpBRCsARIsAKBR_0IgPOPaqWWmb2KLxh39YfEeyxlrfcGqs1VO-Gu5U9OlcBJmN6q_SiMaArSaEALw_wcB

15 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

In Vietnam?  In July and August?  I don't think "cold" is a word we heard much outside of clubs and mess halls.

You wore a Sporran in Nam? How eccentric!

(And a wet night in the Central Highlands could be tingly cold)

OK, I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a reasonably priced concealed carry purse.....no purse should ever cost more than $40, and I can't even find much of anything for that price....

10 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Sorry, but I am not a fan of  purses to carry weapons. Purses seem to drift away with their contents for a variety of reasons.

If you are going to carry it, then wear it somewhere attached to you with a nice holster.

I am not a CCL instructor. Just someone who has seen a lot of bad things happen to good people.

Only want the best for my SASS pards.

LDD

Oh, I'm not going to argue with you, you have a good point.  But like UB pointed out, there are times when it's difficult if not downright impossible for a woman to carry a gun on her body and KEEP it concealed....especially in summer, or when you have to wear a dress (I avoid those as much as possible, but sometimes it's necessary) and double especially when you have as little room to work with as my scrawny carcass....I don't use my purse for it that often, but prefer to have a CC purse for when I do have the need.  And this has to do with why I hate not just CC purses but any purse that has any kind of rhinestones, sequins, glitter, studs, etc...or is a bright color.  Never a good idea whether you are carrying a gun or just cash/credit cards and such....fashion should NEVER be more important than having a purse that does NOT draw attention to itself.....

3 hours ago, MizPete said:

T-Bone's store has some nice 'uns.

website???

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

thanks for the links....Amazon does have one that I might be able to live with, but not crazy about the fact it doesn't have a locking zipper....but it's the only one I can stand that I've found so far that's at least under $50....some of the Galco ones are nice but WAY beyond my budget.....

7 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Bahahaha! Calico isn't even aware of what year it is. :lol::rolleyes:

don't you have a bbq contest to go judge????<_<

Mary, why don't you just make one...........  You have the sewing skills.  I'm sure you also have the fabric.  You know what works for you and what doesn't.  Besides, if you make it, it certainly won't look store bought or gaudy.  Think about it.  Concealed carry meets Vera Bradley.  That is one of the next projects on my list.  

yes Kris....the skills I have, the material I have....the desire to get my lazy rear off the couch and actually do it...not so much.....:blush:

“Calico Mary’s Concealed Carry Purses and Bags for the discriminating Lady. Custom made to order - each one is unique. No cookie cutter CCW bags that a bad guy could recognize thus making you safer as you carry for your own safety as well as the safety of loved ones. No name tags or logos to give away your secrets. Totally safe concealed carry!”

I think I had a card for that place around here somewhere, but who knows where it ended up....always meant to stop in one of these days, guess I need to find time to!

Funny but Cabela's just advertised Gun Toten Mama's purses on sale.  Can probably get it elsewhere for same money and higher than your price point.     GW

18 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

OK, I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a reasonably priced concealed carry purse.....no purse should ever cost more than $40.....

Try telling my ex-wife that. She bought purses that sometimes cost her more than some of my guns.

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Try telling my ex-wife that. She bought purses that sometimes cost her more than some of my guns.

is that the reason for the "ex" part? :unsure:   hell, the only thing I have more expensive than my guns is my car, my furniture, and a cheap longarm quilting frame....I think all of my clothes and accessories put together don't equal the cost of my rifles or one set of pistols...maybe not even the other pistols and shotguns.....

On 7/29/2019 at 6:47 PM, Calico Mary said:

website???

IDK.  It's called Cowboy Guns & is shown on the Badlands Bar 3 website but no link except TBone's email address.

Forty Rod, I don't think he's talking about you....you are not hideously ugly, you look distinguished.....or sumthin' like that.....;)

My wife uses a Galco, probably the Solitaire, or a discontinued model that resembles the Solitaire.

When it is appropriate, she uses a Hill People Gear Kit Bag, which is an outdoors-y chest pouch. She has a black-ish one, and a mostly-red one.

Archived