SASS Wire Forum

CAS and SASS

Tex Wilson

9 minutes ago, Arizona Ranger Captain said:

Phantom, I was not, and I am not criticizing CAS or SASS. I joined before knowing everything about the organization I was joining, and I owned up to that fact in a subsequent post. I was just explaining the reasons I did not want to own another pistol and a shotgun. I am not trying to change the rules, I'm willing to take whatever time penalties and/or procedural penalties allowed by SASS to be able to shoot CAS and have fun. I'm willing to borrow other club members firearms to shoot if that is what I have to do to shoot in a match, even if I am uncomfortable with the weapon I am borrowing. Some people need to just lighten up and let me join without judging me. I may end up being one of the best cowboys you'll ever know or shoot with. 

I have no doubt.

But Max's answer was reasonable. 

Folks don't need to like answers in order for them to be legit.

Good luck with your venture into CAS!

Phantom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure is interesting how all-fired enamored of the 1st Amendment when "we" are exercising it;  when others exercise an opposing view, not so much.   I believe the OP has demonstrated both his error, & willingness to work around/thru his issues.   Certainly shown to have a thicker skin than some respondents.

Feel free to disagree, but I ain't arguin' w/a 

woodfencepost-1.jpg

this seems to be thye rub a lot lately - we all have opinions and are free to have and express them , too bad some are intolerant of those that disagree , BUT , glad to see the open discussions here , older i get the more opinionated i get but the more i enjoy hearing others ideas and explanations for thinking as they do , i learn somethin new every day by intent , even when i didnt need to know it ............

My original post was not intended to cause such a controversy, but it sure did elicit a lot of discussion/debate. I only wanted to state my position on how many firearms I was comfortable shooting with, and ask a couple of questions in regards to my position.  What I've learned so far is the passion for SASS from the many members of this organization and that all who have read and/or responded, (whether they agreed or disagreed with my position), are a great group of cowboys. I appreciate all replies and opinions stated, and I've learned a lot!!  I still have much more to learn as I venture forth.

In a little more than a week I will be meeting with Turquoise Bill and the Whiskey Row Gunslingers, whom I first reached out to about joining their group. Hopefully we can agree on letting me join their group and come to terms with certain issues, and I do believe we all can. Then in a few more weeks I hope to be shooting my first local match with them. I will let the forum know how things have turned out with my first meeting in August and subsequent first match in September. I believe that most of the opinions that have been discussed and debated on this post have ran their course and I won't be posting any more on this in the future. I will begin a new post letting everyone know how things are working out for me and the Whiskey Row Gunslingers. Thanks to all for making this greenhorn feel like a valued member of SASS.

Arizona Ranger Captain

SASS # 108735

Archived