SASS Wire Forum

Shiloh Sharps 1874 45/70 $2,795

Pretty nice rifle. 34" barrel. Soule sights both front and rear. A few very light scratches on the wood that I believe would disappear with wiping down with Toungoil. A few small, fine scratches/marks in the blue.

34” octagonal heavy barrel (just like Quigley)

Bore and everything else very fine.  Not new but darn close except as described above.

New cost of this rifle is about $4,150 and a two year wait from Shiloh.

$2,795 plus shipping for this heavy rascal

Shiloh.JPG

Shiloh.JPG

Shiloh 5.JPG

Shiloh 4.JPG

Shiloh 3.JPG

Shiloh 7.JPG

1 hour ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Silver Creek Jack, please buy this to keep me out of debt.

ARRRRGGGG !!! I need another Sharps like I need.....well another Sharps!  Love this one though and the price is right!  SCJ

It's almost exactly like the one I bought a few years ago.  I love it, and if I had a bunch of extra cash sitting around I'd buy it.  But there is no way Mrs. Cassidy will allow that to cross the threshold, despite the fact I just bought her a brand new horse trailer!

I have no dog nor interest in this item; however, the Shiloh catalogs of 1994-95 show the Quigley with the following: 1) cal. 45-110 *, 2) on right side of receiver initials in an oval design, 3) double set triggers, 4) pewter end cap, 5) powder patch right side of stock, 6) 34" oct. heavy barrel.  A few more but the above readily come to mind because I ordered 2 and I still have both. Shiloh may have added/changed a few things on Quigley since then, I don't know. However, I know this: the Quigley gets a  lot of attention on its own because of a) its 'sincere rugged beauty' and 2) NOT my shooting scores. It's easy to look at and a shooter's dream. Best to all.  gr

* also offered in 45-70 as option, I chose the 45-70

7 minutes ago, GhostRider, #73 SASSLIFE said:

I have no dog nor interest in this item; however, the Shiloh catalogs of 1994-95 show the Quigley with the following: 1) cal. 45-110 *, 2) on right side of receiver initials in an oval design, 3) double set triggers, 4) pewter end cap, 5) powder patch right side of stock, 6) 34" oct. heavy barrel.  A few more but the above readily come to mind because I ordered 2 and I still have both. Shiloh may have added/changed a few things on Quigley since then, I don't know. However, I know this: the Quigley gets a  lot of attention on its own because of a) its 'sincere rugged beauty' and 2) NOT my shooting scores. It's easy to look at and a shooter's dream. Best to all.  gr

* also offered in 45-70 as option, I chose the 45-70

Those 24 yo catalog prices are a thing of history.

Here's the current price of the 'Q' rifle.

https://shilohrifle.com/rifles/1874-sharps-rifle/1874-hartford-clone-en/

OLG

2 hours ago, Chuckwalla kid. said:

I'm in Arizona.

Don't know what you're thinking, but as Arizona resident, I can only sell a long gun FTF to another Arizona resident or transfer through FFL -- which is not difficult.

What I was thinking was hopefully you were to far to do a FTF becuse I already blew a hole in the household this month.

Archived