SASS Wire Forum

Do you call your dog by name?

Alpo

My Weimaraner's name is Habersham.  I call him that  on formal occasions, Habersham T. Dog when I want his attention, Habby as a call name and Hard-headed Damned Kraut when he doesn't come when I call him by any of the other names.  My first Weim was Fred, that is all he was ever called.  He was a rescue and the people at the pound were sure that I would bring him back because he couldn't walk.  Dr. Swann checked his hips and told me he had been kept crated and needed muscles.  He lasted ten years after a little exercise.   My labs were Summer, Bandit and Garmeda.  They were all called by their names. The evil cat was named Sweet Pea by her first owner.  That's all I ever called her.   She was from the pound.  She spent twenty years trying to stir up my allergies.

Duffield

My min-pin chihuahua mix is known far and wide as Trinket, a name given to her by Curly Cole when he and Phylis came to visit.  Trinket is known  at Ace, the bank, Hobby Lobby, and a lot of other places, but she'll answer to almost anything if any woman calls her anything in a baby voice.

Spoiled?  Oh HELL yes!!!

the people we got our blue tick hound from called him moose, the next day he gave a us a look that reminded us of Jethro  from the Beverly Hillbillys so that is his name now. we do call him by his name or hey buddy except when he dose something stupid or gets in trouble then we have a whole string of names we call him. 

some of you don't have your dogs trained very well, he can be sleeping on the other end of the house and all we have to do is walk in to the kitchen and he is right there or if he is outside all we have to do is open the refrigerator  and he wants to come in.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:37 PM, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

a 70lb Airdale/Pit Bull.

Happily retrieves the bird but, "You ain't gettin' it!"

Dog named Brady Winchester. Brady after ex-wife's maiden name when I got him before she decided to leave. And Winchester from my two adult kids who liked the tv show Supernatural from the last name of the show's two lead characters. My oldest daughter calls him Bean 60% of the time and Brady the rest. My youngest calls him Buddy. And I call him "Stop!" most of the time and Brady the rest. 

Usually call them by name. Both are Aussies. Occasionally, Chance gets called DA, when he lays down right in the way. Yesterday, Kylie called him Bud when she had him on a leash. She went outside and wondered why the leash was strung out. I told her to watch and pretty soon, Chance went over and picked it up. He's also good sometimes. Within the last week, he's killed 3 coon.

Archived