SASS Wire Forum

CZ Sharptail SXS

I have 2. Awhile ago I picked up a Sharptail Target for a real good price with the intention of shortening it to 20” barrels for CAS. I made the mistake of shooting it in stock form. This is a nice shooter, and I shoot it well. Go figure! So back to GB to hunt for another good deal. Bingo! Got another Sharptail with 28” barrels for an even better price. Last weekend I took my time and shortened it to 20”, mounted a gold bead sight, cleaned it up and took it out and test shot it. Another good shooter! I’ll just say I’m happy with my purchase. In a nut shell, for $575 and a little labor, I have a CZ Sharptail Coach. I figure I saved about $350 over buying an actual Sharptail Coach. I should mention that it’s common with the Sharptail’s to be a little tough to break open after firing. Yep, it’s true. The Target model is already starting to loosen up some with use. I have plans to take my convert-a-Coach apart, clean up all the edges, and take a coil off each hammer spring. This should make it just the way I want it.

These are very nice SxS’s for the price, and sharp to look at too.

I handled a new 16 gauge example (not a coach gun) in a local store.  Stiff to open as is the case with many out of the box guns.  Wood and metal finish looked pretty good.  It was heavier than I expected.  Price was close to MSRP.

I asked a cowboy gunsmith about the Sharptail last year.  He had not seen one.

Archived