SASS Wire Forum

That was unexpected...

Improvise, adapt, overcome 

Tiger snake

What is a Tiger Snake. Google to the rescue. Poisonous snake in Australia (is that redundant - "snake in Australia" and "poisonous"?)

There are questions on the search page.

>Can a tiger snake kill a human?<

Then a non-answer:
>Snakes normally avoid people, but if they feel threatened, disturbed or surprised, they may attack. If provoked or cornered, Tiger Snakes may bite. All Tiger Snakes should be regarded as highly venomous and dangerous to humans<

Why couldn't they just say YES or NO?

Then this astonishing statement:

>. ... Do not attempt to kill a snake; it is illegal and you are more likely to get hurt<

It's illegal to kill a snake in Oz?

When I lived in southern New Mexico,it wasn't  unusual to see rattlesnakes traveling across the tops of the mesquite bushes  from one to the other.The grounds surface temperature often exceeds 120 degrees.

It'll teach you to keep your head up and eyes open when in the desert

I guess I am odd. I think it’s pretty darn cool and quite considerate of the snake to stay closer to human eye level. ;)

I generally step around snakes when our paths cross, but illegal or otherwise, I will end a snake’s existence if it becomes a choice between it and me.

Simple as that.

How to tell the difference between a dead snake and a dead lawyer in the road, there are skid marks in front of the snake.

A rabbi, a priest, and a lawyer were all caught in a shipwreck. 
Naturally, there are a lot of sharks circling around. All of a
sudden, one shark darts in and grabs the priest for lunch. No
more priest.

The rabbi starts praying frantically, but to no avail, as a shark
comes in and eats him, too.

Now the lawyer is really worried, as a shark is coming for him. 
But, miracle of miracles, the shark puts him on its back, carries
him to shore, and lets him off. 

The lawyer, curious, waits till the shark is far enough away not
to eat him, and asks, "How come you didn't eat me?" And the
shark replies, "Professional Courtesy!"

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Tiger snake

What is a Tiger Snake. Google to the rescue. Poisonous snake in Australia (is that redundant - "snake in Australia" and "poisonous"?)

There are questions on the search page.

>Can a tiger snake kill a human?<

Then a non-answer:
>Snakes normally avoid people, but if they feel threatened, disturbed or surprised, they may attack. If provoked or cornered, Tiger Snakes may bite. All Tiger Snakes should be regarded as highly venomous and dangerous to humans<

Why couldn't they just say YES or NO?

Then this astonishing statement:

>. ... Do not attempt to kill a snake; it is illegal and you are more likely to get hurt<

It's illegal to kill a snake in Oz?

This is about the State I live in:

Be Wary of Snakes. For many Australians their first reaction is to grab a spade and quickly dispatch the dangerous reptile. However, not only is it illegal to kill native snakes, which are protected species, it is also very risky

Some 100 Australian snakes are venomous, although only 12 are likely to inflict a wound that could kill you. The most dangerous snakes belong to the front-fanged group, which in NSW include the tiger snake, brown snake, death adder, mulga or king brown snake and a few species of sea snake.

As bad as the snake on a wire is its the Dinosaurs on bikes you really gotta look out for.

image.jpeg.51152fa291b4331475d005f87b59e5ed.jpeg

I should add it is perfectly legal to kill snakes that are in "dangerous" proximity to a person or household.

I don't know about you but if they are close enough for me to kill them then they are in dangerous proximity:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

I should add it is perfectly legal to kill snakes that are in "dangerous" proximity to a person or household.

I don't know about you but if they are close enough for me to kill them then they are in dangerous proximity:ph34r:

I still strongly believe in the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. 

Or in the case with of one of my old friends. Shoot, shoot, shoot (this goes on for 7 rounds from his 1911) squeal like a little girl, prance, prance, prance (snake still working it’s way through camp) make mad dash for ammo box to get another magazine while making little girl like sounds. I calmly walk over and snatch the oblivious King Snake from the ground. Scream at my friend to calm down. He sees snake in my hands and freezes not uttering a noise. I calmly walk to the edge of camp and put six feet of friendly snake on the ground, which is perfectly healthy, by the way, so it may proceed on its way. I walk back over to my friend as he stairs at the place where I released the snake and Gibbs slap him on the back of the head.

I found out my tough guy former Marine friend’s weakness that day...being an excellent shot in all things and all his firearms until he saw a snake. :lol:

I bought him a book on snake identification soon after....then to mess with him, about a month later, I showed him the dozen or so patterns a rattlesnake or a copperhead might have depending on location. I think I traumatized him...

On 7/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Professional courtesy from the Bar Association.

I repeat my favorite joke from an 8-yr-old:  what's the difference between a dead snake and a dead lawyer in the road?  There's screech marks in front of the snake.

I would rather deal with Grizzly Bears and snow than deal with snakes, spiders, leeches, alligator gar, alligators, malaria, west African Nile......blah blah blah. 

Down south everything is looking looking to take a piece of you....

51 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

than deal with snakes, spiders, leeches

You don't like spiders and snakes?

How you feel about Mary Lou?

Archived