SASS Wire Forum

Shoulder surgery rehab

Perro Del Diablo

There should be another name for rehab. Never had a pleasant one. 

:ph34r:  I'm not a doctor, although I used to play one with the neighbor girl.....  My routine for rehab exercises was to do everything at home that the rehab center had me do  on my twice-weekly visits, so I worked out every day.  Half a pain pill 45 minutes prior, then hot pack from microwave for 10 minutes, do the exercise/stretching routine, then ice pack.

Shoulder recovery was more difficult and painful than knee replacement aftermath.....  And as the above pards have mentioned, you reap benefits equal to your effort.

Best of everything on your recovery.  Hang in there.

Spider walks up the wall. At various angles.

Rope on a pulley or over a shower curtain rod. 

My favorite shoulder rehab. ;)

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Spider walks up the wall. At various angles.

Rope on a pulley or over a shower curtain rod. 

My favorite shoulder rehab. ;)

Thanks rehab gave me pulley and rope to hang on door doing best I can but less than week out it takes some work.

1 hour ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Thanks rehab gave me pulley and rope to hang on door doing best I can but less than week out it takes some work.

Spider walks helped me more than anything else after my shoulder surgery. Frontways and sideways. The pulley was torturous but necessary, as well.

Some video examples:

Do the rehab, religiously!!  If you do, you'll really enjoy the results.

Like other's have said , do your exercises at home. Since i was off work i made my exercises my job and made it a 2-3 time a day routine .  It is no doubt hard at first but trust me it will get easier as you go.  You will start to see gains every week sometimes after every session , thats a good feeling.  Hang in there and good luck. 

Do exactly what the physical therapists tell you to do.  Yah, it hurts now.  But it'll get better.  Hurts worse of you don't get them fixed.

20 hours ago, Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925 said:

Do your PT - home and at the clinic.  Ice is your friend.

Ice IS your friend. ;)

Forgot about that. Also, some Doctors recommend heat. In my experience heat can loosen things up and make things more painful. YMMV

How are you doing, by the way?

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ice IS your friend. ;)

Forgot about that. Also, some Doctors recommend heat. In my experience heat can loosen things up and make things more painful. YMMV

How are you doing, by the way?

Hi Pat doing good heat helps before I do stretching. Ice helps after and eases pain some when gets bad. My movement is about 75% but painful I'm taking slow but trying do some of exercises several times a day. Thanks for asking.

Archived