SASS Wire Forum

Lucas McCain. An Alternative to Josie Wales

We've all heard of the unofficial "Josie Wales" category where you replace the rifle, and maybe the shotgun, with additional pistols.   Never done it myself, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Well, how about something along the same lines where you replace the pistols, and maybe the shotgun, with additional rifles?

Call it the Lucas McCain "category" in honor of the Rifleman himself.   It could be done in three different ways...

1.  Simply replace your pistols with a second main match rifle.

2.  Replace the pistols with a second main match rifle, and the shotgun with a third.

3.  Replace the pistols with a second main match rifle and the shotgun with something like an 86 or a 94 fired at alternate targets a bit further out than the normal rifle targets.

Any takers?

TRR has that already.  Two rifles and one shotgun

Called The Rifleman

came about because one pard couldn't safety shoot pistols anymore but was fine with rifle.  Extends his enjoyment of the sport/hobby/obsession

second rifle shoots pistol targets

A stage? Sure, ok. A match? Nah. I'm glad to see that TRR worked out a may to help a shooter continue to shoot, and I can see that some may enjoy this, but I don't see shooting big and close targets with a rifle as fun. Now, if you would have a set of targets set out farther, I'd give it a try. After all, the Rifleman wasn't just fast.

Sounds like fun to me. I like to shoot josey wales once in a while. It's all for fun anyway. As long as it doesn't include that irritating kid whining about doing the dishes, and yelling "Pa, Pa" all the time!  Lol

Sure, go for it sounds like it could be fun!! I’d try it!!

no need for a third rifle for the SG, just reload one of the other from the belt.  this would require stages where the SG was always second or third, not first, but it could work.

like others, a stage that way would be fun, a whole match, maybe not.

Howabout making it a side match at an annual?  Now you could make that a whole lot of crazy fun.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I would suggest shooters in that category be ineligible for overall.

Of course they would be ineligible 

this is just for fun ,no prize 

Just like Josey Wales Wild Bunch all 1911 no rifle or shotgun

Archived