SASS Wire Forum

Tourist + bison in Yellowstone

“According to witnesses, a group of approximately 50 people were within 5-10 feet of the bison for at least 20 minutes before eventually causing the bison to charge the group.”

I’d say he had shown sufficient restraint. 

Just wish it it had been an adult with an iPhone instead of a little girl who got tossed. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/24/bison-charges-flips-year-old-yellowstone-national-park-video/?utm_term=.4ddfdf40c51b

Doesn't The sign at the entrance to the park state that you are entering a petting Zoo ?

Also all animals are tame and lovable?

There aren't enough Rangers in the Park to keep these stupid people safe .

It would have to be one person and one Ranger , even then only maybe 

My kids wanted to follow some Japanese tourists into a meadow with Bison. I wouldn’t let them. I had them at the edge of a thick lodge pole grove. And I warned them that a Bison can outrun a Quarter horse in the quarter mile.

We left because I didn’t want them watch someone get gored.

I worked at Yellowstone for a summer.  You can't imagine the rank idiocy that I saw.  I'm amazed that more people aren't killed or maimed there.

Since I worked therein 1962 they have removed or relocated about 90% of the animals.  You won't see as many bears, bison, elk, etc anywhere near the most populated tourist areas.

Hopefully I wouldn't be dumb enough to ever be in that situation, but if I were, the headline would read "Man trampled to death while wrestling bison by the horns away from daughter"

Archived