SASS Wire Forum

Punched a Horse

Subdeacon Joe

5 arrested, 4 deputies injured and 1 horse punched at Northern California fair

TURLOCK — Authorities say four Northern California deputies were injured, a horse was punched and five people were arrested in a brawl at the Stanislaus County Fair.

The Modesto Bee says sheriff’s deputies watching a line at a beer booth Sunday noticed a man wearing gang clothing who appeared to be drunk and trying to start fights.

Authorities say the fair doesn’t allow gang symbols or clothing.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Josh Clayton says while deputies talked to that man, another man began throwing punches, hitting two deputies, and other crowd members got involved.

Authorities say a man punched a Sheriff’s Department horse that had knocked him down, spilling his beer.

Those arrested could be charged with assault on a peace officer.

The department says the deputies — and the horse — are fine.

https://ktla.com/2019/07/22/5-arrested-4-deputies-hurt-and-1-horse-punched-at-stanislaus-county-fair/

67332125_2318381221571996_778808270914584576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnYH49JvZM0KTqRowoPsccEmQpf4OaxqLPIb-464wQccSrOjDBJ2ie6fcCjjWKmHY0&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=c7b39b166020103c15536ba4d08ceb4c&oe=5DAA80C4

***Horse Punched at Fair, Expected to Make a Full Recovery***

Last night at the Stanislaus County Fair at about 10 p.m. a fight broke out near the Cantina beer booth resulting in 4 Deputies with minor injuries and a horse that was punched. The incident started when Deputies contacted a group of male adults who were wearing gang attire and appeared to be drunk. The Stanislaus County Fair has a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior. Upon advising the subjects they would have to leave, an adult male assaulted one of our Deputies. An altercation ensued with a large crowd watching the incident.

The Stanislaus County Mounted Unit assisted with crowd control. One fair goer who appeared to be supporting the subject who had started the altercation with Deputies got knocked over by one of the horses. This subject got back up and was upset his beer had spilled. He proceeded to punch Maximus, the horse, in the rear end. He was subsequently arrested.

Maximus is recovering today by running around his pasture and eating alfalfa. Maximus is still committed to serving justice and will not be dissuaded in his efforts. The Deputies are doing just fine also. In total 5 arrests were made related to this incident. It should be noted that this was by far the busiest night of the fair. Overall, the fair has been a safe and family friendly event with only minor incidents.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Is punching the horse also “assaulting a peace officer?”

Yes. And a K9.

Cruelty to animals should NEVER be tolerated.

Although I must admit I thought the thread was going to be about Mongo! :blush:

So on a little bit lighter side....;)

I think punching a Police Horse is a big step below "lowlife".

It is really too bad I can't be involved with their punishment. 

I am personally sick and tired of scum...and idiots.

I truly believe that "scum and idiots" should be rounded up and placed in their own area to fend for themselves.

Perhaps on an island but I cannot think of an island that they all would fit...

Archived