SASS Wire Forum

Hottest Pepper

In case you haven’t kept up, the hottest pepper is no longer the Ghost Pepper, the Naga Bhut Jolokia, From Assam and Nagaland in Northeast India.

there is no longer a reason to look beyond American shores if you want to purge your innards.  The Carolina Reaper is now king of the chilis, coming in at over 1,200,000 Scoville.  The ghost pepper was 1,000,000.

OK, someone please video the person who decides to use this in their Chili recipe. 

I'll watch and wait right here!

popCorn.gif

The search for and the fascination with “The Hottest Pepper” annoys me, baffles me and yet interests me all at the same time. 

It annoys me because I feel it’s stupid to want to burn your own face off and then drawing others into the circle of stupidity. 

It baffles me because I have no idea why so many people want to do this.

It interests me because I am sure there is a hot pepper that will actually blow people’s heads off...I want to see this discovery. :D

I fought the Reaper and won.  But he pits up a hell of a fight.   It"s a rush you can not describe to non-pepper heads .      GW

My taste buds are VERY sensitive to spices such as hot peppers, etc.....

But I know some folks are not effected in the manner I am..... i.e.  runny nose, watery eyes, burning tongue, etc.....

Isn't it possible that some folks can actually eat some of these super hot spices and not have

those unbearable effects?

..........Widder

I have to admit that I love hot peppers and other foods that sometimes cause discomfort to my olfactory system. I really like horseradish!!  Hot mustards?  Bring 'em on!!  But if there is no return in flavor value, I'm not interested.  A little perspiration on the forehead or upper lip, a sniffle or two, or a tear in the eye are of little consequence if it's really a good pot of chili or adds to the flavor of that sandwich!!

I have a small wooden box that has a presentation bottle of "Dave's Double Insanity" hot sauce in my cupboard, unopened and still packaged as it was when it was given to me by a friend.  It has no flavor, (I had another bottle of this stuff that I tried to use in more than one recipe) so it will remain as it was when I got it.

As for more Black Powder in my cartridges, the quest continues!! B) :lol:

Archived