SASS Wire Forum

Bad scene for kitty cats!

Trailrider #896

A local article reported multiple instances of "cat mutilation" in a suburban Denver neighborhood, suggesting that some deranged individual is doing this.  But there have been a rash of such things in the past.  Some years ago, when my daughter was babysitting for some neighborhood kids, they were playing around in the greenbelt. They came upon an empty fox den where she found a bunch of cat collars! :o  Part of the problem is that people let their cats out at night, to roam freely, and B'rar Fox and Wiley E. find them delicious!  We are also having a bumper crop of bunny rabbits this year, and there have been a number of sightings of coyotes, raccoons and foxes.  So, cat lovers, keep your kitty cats in doors, especially at night!

I kept seeing "Wanted Posters" for neighbours missing cats and small dogs, at our community mail-box.

It's in a newish subdivision, bordering a dedicated wetland that is left in bush.

After I posted a picture of and notice about the Coyotes, Martin(s) or Fisher(s) I kept seeing, the incidents dropped off, but many people had no idea such critters existed.

City dwellers, moving to the countryside with no idea what's around the area.

One lady freaked because deer were eating her Hostas in the front yard and another nearly struck a wandering moose.

We keep ours indoors 100% of the time.
Don't want the fleas, nor the vet bills from fights, nor getting done in by a coyote.
There are also mountain lions in our area now.. stalking cats in folks' back yards.

I saw a large and very healthy coyote running down the street in my neighborhood a couple of weeks ago just before sun up.

Back when I was living in Denver, not only did we have coyotes in our front yard multiple times, one night we caught a couple of them mating under our pine tree.....:blink:

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

Back when I was living in Denver, not only did we have coyotes in our front yard multiple times, one night we caught a couple of them mating under our pine tree.....:blink:

I've been caught doing that too. State property. Very embarrassing. LOL

I guess the saddest part of these stories is the kittens and puppies that get dumped out in the country and unless found by someone they  face a very cruel death. Many times over the years I’ve found them dumped on our property or they’ve shown up at the door. If I can’t keep them myself it’s not that hard to find a home for them. Personally I think the people that dump animals like that ought to be dumped out in the wilderness naked themselves and see what it’s like.

30 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Don't howl when you are done.
This is a dead give-away.

Kinda like the perp that cut a loud one, which helped the cops find him...

;)

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

why....oh WHY am I not surprised.......:blink::rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

Coyotes are VERY adaptable to human environment.  Some years ago, my wife and I were driving to the opening of a suburban Denver rec center.  We came to a busy intersection, with traffic lights. We stopped at the red light, and noticed a coyote sitting on his haunches at the opposite corner...waiting for the light to change.  When the green light came on,  Ol' Wiley got up and casually trotted across the street! :o:rolleyes:

Archived