SASS Wire Forum

Weird sandwiches

Rye Miles #13621

Just now, Michigan Slim said:

Peanut butter and honey sandwich 

I have fond memories of those growing up; occasionally we'd slice a banana and add that as well; yummy.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

I have fond memories of those growing up; occasionally we'd slice a banana and add that as well; yummy.

I forgot the nanners! Even better!

What's weird about peanut butter, honey, and a nanner?  I thought we were talking about weird here.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:11 PM, Laramie said:

When I was young, my favorite uncle was a forest ranger in Wyoming. He got me hooked on peanut butter, balogna and cheese. 

On Seedless Jewish Rye, use Lebanon Bologna (from Pennsylvania) add honey to the cheese side. 

Note: Don’t put the Lebanon and honey on the same side the honey gets really runny for some reason.

Well I like it!!

I've been trying to think of weird sandwiches I've tried or seen people eat.  About the only ones I think of as really odd are the spaghetti/mac & cheese/some other pasta sandwiches.

Onion sandwiches are great.  Tomato sandwiches are great.  Tomato and onion, with or without cheese are just fine.  PB & honey, with or without banana, good stuff, Maynard.  

Obviously, I'm not talking about any of the things that people throw together in an attempt to make a strange/gag-inducing sandwich.  Those are easy to come up with.

Back in the school days during WW II, Tuesday was meatless in the lunch room. Ladies made a white bread, real butter and lettuce sandwich that was wonderful. Even now, I sometimes recall them and head for the refrigerator for some iceberg, creamery butter and  fresh white bread. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Peanut Butter, Banana and Marshmallow Creme - Toasted! 

A food staple of my youth.  2038473672_Salivating-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.7722a2355274faf68e127cf30c6a4db1.jpg

2066475112_PeanutButter-Banana-Marshmellow.jpg.9f51b6220d08fe8376e9abb37dc3326f.jpg

Man, that looks good.  But that rocket you hear is my blood sugar going up!

Back in my childhood, and even occasionally now, I would open a can of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup and spread it on bread.  It was thick and stiff enough to be used as a sandwich spread.   It made a pretty good sandwich.

Archived