SASS Wire Forum

Weird sandwiches

Rye Miles #13621

When I was a kid I liked mashed potato sandwiches with lots of butter! I used to love cold spaghetti sandwiches too!  My sister loved ketchup sandwiches! She also got me hooked on banana sandwiches!! ( I don't eat any of these anymore):lol:

Got any weird ones that you like?

Everyone else thinks it's weird, but I ate one of these for lunch just about every day from kindergarten up to my recent retirement.

Peanut butter & cheese.

Crunchy peanut butter, of course, a nice sharp cheddar, and fresh baked sourdough. Delicious!

If I'm at home, sometimes I'll toast it. And maybe add a couple pieces of bacon too.

Nothin' weird about peanut butter and cheese. Add a little hot pepper jam and it becomes really good!

Peanut Butter, Banana and Marshmallow Creme - Toasted! 

A food staple of my youth.  2038473672_Salivating-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.7722a2355274faf68e127cf30c6a4db1.jpg

2066475112_PeanutButter-Banana-Marshmellow.jpg.9f51b6220d08fe8376e9abb37dc3326f.jpg

PB&J with potato chips in it.

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Peanut Butter, Banana and Marshmallow Creme - Toasted! 

A food staple of my youth.  2038473672_Salivating-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.7722a2355274faf68e127cf30c6a4db1.jpg

2066475112_PeanutButter-Banana-Marshmellow.jpg.9f51b6220d08fe8376e9abb37dc3326f.jpg

oooooooo, a Fluffer-Nutter with banana!  I'm going to have to try this one!  I've loved PB and Marshmallow creme sandwiches since I was a kid,but I've never tried one with banana.  (or toasted)

Do you toast the bread first or do you make the sandwich and toast it like a grilled cheese?

Angus

1 minute ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

oooooooo, a Fluffer-Nutter with banana!  I'm going to have to try this one!  I've loved PB and Marshmallow creme sandwiches since I was a kid,but I've never tried one with banana.  (or toasted)

Do you toast the bread first or do you make the sandwich and toast it like a grilled cheese?

Angus

Make and toast--just like a grilled cheese

1 minute ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Angus

Angus:

Toast the bread first.

I ate a weird one once, peanut butter and honey with a June bug for extra crunch.

highly not recommended...

Mayonnaise and peanut butter is yummy.

Add dill pickles for perfection.

27 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Make and toast--just like a grilled cheese

26 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Angus:

Toast the bread first.

Looks like I'm going to have to make TWO sandwiches.  :P  Oh, the horror.  :D  I'll just have to cowboy up and do it.

Angus

I've never had one, but in a old Jerry Lewis comic book (remember Jerry Lewis comic books?) somebody was eating a sardine and peanut butter with Bermuda onions sammich.

When I was young, my favorite uncle was a forest ranger in Wyoming. He got me hooked on peanut butter, balogna and cheese. 

There's a restaurant here, Bearden's, in the late 60's they used to have car hops on roller skates, (yea pretty cool huh?)

They were known for their " Peanut Burgers", just a hamburger with peanut butter! We would drive 20 miles across town to hang out there! Good place to find girls!!!:wub:

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When I was a kid I liked mashed potato sandwiches with lots of butter! I used to love cold spaghetti sandwiches too!  My sister loved ketchup sandwiches! She also got me hooked on banana sandwiches!! ( I don't eat any of these anymore):lol:

Got any weird ones that you like?

THIS, explains a lot about you.........:lol: :P

OLG 

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

There's a restaurant here, Bearden's, in the late 60's they used to have car hops on roller skates, (yea pretty cool huh?)

They were known for their " Peanut Burgers", just a hamburger with peanut butter! We would drive 20 miles across town to hang out there! Good place to find girls!!!:wub:

Local Landmark where I grew up was the Wheel In Drive In. Home of the original Guberburger.  For over 60 years you could get a GuberBurger, order of fries and a Peanut Butter milkshake with two straws deliver to your car by a car hop on skates.

Unfortunately the original drive-in was torn down to make way for the widening of intersection of US 50 and US 65. A couple of employees resurrected the business a couple blocks down the road but sadly it is no longer open.

The good news is that several local eateries still offer GuberBurgers and Peanut Butter milk shakes.

College days - Kappa Phi Delta frat house.  Came downstairs one morning and found Half-Breed Pete about to dive into his breakfast sandwich:  Kippers, Leiderkranz cheese (think Limburger), onion, with brown mustard on dark rye.  :blink:

He said he had the flu and that was the only thing he found appealing.   sick.gif

Pork and bean sandwich.  Bush's is the best.  Always get a "look " when I make one.

BS

10 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Peanut butter &  butter. My wife thinks that's weird.

Mama used to make them when we didn't have no jelly (I realized a few years ago that we was poor when I grew up).

Then one day I got to thinking. You get you a piece of toast, butter it, then put jelly on the butter. OR you butter your toast, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the butter. Obviously cinnamon sugar can be a replacement for jelly.

I made a peanut butter and butter sandwich, and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the butter. That was GOOD.

Archived